Does anyone make vehicle specific LED Light bar brackets for the Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anyone make vehicle specific LED Light bar brackets for the Explorer?

Loganfilm

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Monica, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited 4WD
I have checked every resource I can find and it appears that someone somewhere makes vehicle specific mounting brackets for LED Light bars for every vehicle there is EXCEPT Ford Explorers. I am unable to find a single source and I have gone so far as contacting light bar manufacturers to see if they know of anyone who makes them and the response has been a resounding "NOPE". Am I missing something obvious, or is this a completely untapped market and for what reason? I would love nothing more than for someone to post an obvious answer and solve this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In my search for off-road lights I've hit the same problem as you. It seems they cater to pretty much every Ford pickup model etc, but not the Explorer. I guess they just don't see it as an off-road vehichle. That said, if you dare to drill into your car and route wires yourself then it's not the end of the world. But I agree that some "made for explorer" brackets and such would be awesome. Maybe it's time to buy a 3D printer after all...;)

The LE push bars typically mount to the bumper bar behind the fascia using brackets that stick out through grille openings. Perhaps you could do something similar and have some mounts fabricated that can be bolted to the bumper bar and stick through some openings in the front fascia for mounting lights.

I have checked every resource I can find and it appears that someone somewhere makes vehicle specific mounting brackets for LED Light bars for every vehicle there is EXCEPT Ford Explorers. I am unable to find a single source and I have gone so far as contacting light bar manufacturers to see if they know of anyone who makes them and the response has been a resounding "NOPE". Am I missing something obvious, or is this a completely untapped market and for what reason? I would love nothing more than for someone to post an obvious answer and solve this.
While there may be no specific mounting brackets there are members here who have installed LED light bars. Have you checked out those posts?

Peter

I have been looking myself. actually was looking for something that attached to the luggage bars and accommodated the sunroof.. considered some custom made aluminum or composite type material.

I have a light bar but wanted LED candidly..

Back