Does my explorer accept billet grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does my explorer accept billet grille

Hi fellas. I have a 1998 X limited edition and I desperately want a billet grille. some of you have it, you know, the one you buy one ebay and clip on and it just changes the look of your X in the front. the thing is that my grille is not recessed and I just don't see hopw I can clip it and it will look like it's suppossed to. I have not seen any other explorer with the grille like mines and I don't know what I need to do. do I have to buy a special grille and then cut my grill off (too much work) or do I have to replace my front bezel (the one that wraps around my headlights). the reason I ask is because the ones with grilles I've seen have the bezel chromed. my bezel is stock black. do I get that replaced or what. does anyone have an answer. I will post pics of the front soon

PS. X owners from NY reply on the private message if you are interested in the NY Truck Club (hopefully coming soon) someone need to start this, so why not just do it already. we need to rep NY

no a normal XLT billet grill will not work on a 95-98 limited grill. you will have to get a normal XLT grill and have it painted. then get a billet. but theres nothing short of custom making somthing for a limited grill.

what you mean custom making something. I don't really follow. do you have anypics or at least instructions of I have to do. this bille grille thing is calling me

i think what he's saying is...you have to replace the limited grille that is on your X right now with a stock grille from an XLT then buy a billet grille because the billet's will fit over the XLT style grille, but not a Limited

Back