Do non ST models have the sport driving mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do non ST models have the sport driving mode

I bleed Ford Blue

Reaction score
City, State
North Olmsted
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Just like the title says does the XLT, limited and/or platinum have the sport driving mode or is it an ST exclusive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Platinum does.

It's not the same by a long shot. The ST is a Ford Performance product and the Sport Mode is much more aggressive than any of the other Explorers or Aviators.

If all the other models were the same as the ST, Why make a ST model ? Each level has its own unique level. The ST is 400 HP with 415 Lbs torque. Which the other trim levels DO NOT.

Yeah, the XLT has it, but I have driven an XLT and a ST and it is not even close. Don't get me wrong, the XLT's turbo 4 is impressive for a 4-banger moving a mid-sized SUV, but the ST is next level stuff.

Mike

Sport mode is a gimmick. Overly sensitive throttle to give the appearance of speed when it is just flat out annoying. Sure there are other changes but the throttle sensitivity is just flat out wrong. You are better off manual shifting in normal mode.

Sport mode is a gimmick. Overly sensitive throttle to give the appearance of speed when it is just flat out annoying. Sure there are other changes but the throttle sensitivity is just flat out wrong. You are better off manual shifting in normal mode.
Sorry, but you are wrong.

If all the other models were the same as the ST, Why make a ST model ? Each level has its own unique level. The ST is 400 HP with 415 Lbs torque. Which the other trim levels DO NOT.

It also has a much more reliable engine and has no transmission issues then a lesser 4 cylinder engine. Notice how most of these engine issues are from the xlt owners.

It also has a much more reliable engine and has no transmission issues then a lesser 4 cylinder engine. Notice how most of these engine issues are from the xlt owners.
But transmission issues seem to be across all trim levels.

Peter

Probably because the vast majority of Exploders are XLTs. My dealership had half a dozen XLT/Limiteds, but only one Platinum and no STs.
Lincoln and their version doesn't exist in my neck of the woods of Nova Scotia.

I just went by the IP address. My brother and his wife have a place in Cheverie that they use 6 months of the year then go back to London, Ontario.. Definitely no dealer there for sure. :)

Peter

Back