Does the X-Plan price include destination fee? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does the X-Plan price include destination fee?

economizer

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2011
went to the dealer today. And was told the X-plan price including the destination fee. Is this true? Because on the X-plan website, it is not included. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Of all the cars I've purchased on both A and X plan, the X Plan price is on the bottom of the printout of the car you pick. Every car has a its own different X Plan price depending on options, and that includes destination. You shouldn't be paying anything over that unless the dealer has added equipment to the car, that goes for paperwork fees, admin, marketing, etc... I think tags were the only thing I paid more for, but that's because sometimes you don't need a new plate, and all state fees are different.

One minor detail that Joe Dirt listed incorrectly. Xplan is the price you pay plus up to $100 in fees. Ford allows the dealership to charge you $100 for fees, not a penny more.

One minor detail that Joe Dirt listed incorrectly. Xplan is the price you pay plus up to $100 in fees. Ford allows the dealership to charge you $100 for fees, not a penny more.

I just went round and round with my dealer. They charged $200 "location fee" and $299 conveyance fee. I tried to fight it, but they said it was in their right.

NOTE - this was in regards to my parents buying a new Fusion.

I just went round and round with my dealer. They charged $200 "location fee" and $299 conveyance fee. I tried to fight it, but they said it was in their right.

I'd contact Ford then, that dealership is violating Ford's terms of Xplan sales. If they chose to sell the vehicle using Xplan, it is not in their right to charge any other fees besides the $100 that Ford allows. Find a new, more honest dealer after reporting them.

I don't know if the $100 is mandated by Ford or not, but the quote I received from my dealer was dead on the invoice plus $100 mark and matched exactly the quote I got from another dealer. It does include destination fee and does not include, unsurprisingly, tax, title, license. About the only unknown fee I saw on my quote was a California Board Fee. However, since it was $0.65 (yes, 65 cents), I didn't complain about it. :D

Can your parents try another dealer?

The dealer can charge a $75.00 Doc Fee on top of the X-Plan price on the invoice. The X-Plan price INCLUDES a $275.00 Admin Fee to the dealer. No other fees (Location, Conveyance) are permitted. Call the AXZ Plan HQ at 800-348-7709 if you have questions.

Sorry - Joe Dirt is right. It's a $100 Doc Fee for X-Plan. $75 is A-Plan.

The dealer can charge a $75.00 Doc Fee on top of the X-Plan price on the invoice. The X-Plan price INCLUDES a $275.00 Admin Fee to the dealer. No other fees (Location, Conveyance) are permitted. Call the AXZ Plan HQ at 800-348-7709 if you have questions.

Ford recently increased that $75 allowance for doc fees to $100. I questioned it too, because when I bought our Fusion Sport last summer the doc fee was only $75.

Thanks for the input. I called 1-877-975-2600 (Ford Partner Program) and they told me the dealer had the right to charge both fees. BS if you ask me. But the paperwork was signed with a $500 Non-Refundable deposit... Oh well, lesson learned.

Back