Does your 2018 Explorer mute the audio on your smart phone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does your 2018 Explorer mute the audio on your smart phone?

Bearsclaw

Reaction score
City, State
Grant Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
When I try to watch youtube videos while sitting in the 2018 Explorer XLT I can't get any audio. It's like the car kills the audio on youtube videos on my Iphone. Is there a trick to restoring the audio while watching youtube videos on an Iphone while sitting in a 2018 that has the sync 3 system?
One reason why I watch youtube videos while sitting in the Explorer is that I am trying to figure out how to operate and adjust evrything.
I think that it killed the audio instructions on my wife's Iphone map instructions today too. Phones work just fine in the house.
I don't usually do too bad for an old guy who just crawled out of the cave but this has me stumped.
Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2018 mutes the audio on my smart phone when I try to watch youtube videos while sitting inside the car. Anybody else have that problem or know what to do about it?
The audio works fine when I am away from the car.
I tried to ask this before and it looks like it was deleted. If this post is not allowed please explain to me why? Thank You!

My 2018 mutes the audio on my smart phone when I try to watch youtube videos while sitting inside the car. Anybody else have that problem or know what to do about it?
The audio works fine when I am away from the car.
I tried to ask this before and it looks like it was deleted. If this post is not allowed please explain to me why? Thank You!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your previous post was not deleted. I found it in the 'New Member Introductions' subforum and have merged it with your other one and moved to this subforum.

Peter

It's playing the audio through bluetooth so you'll need to select your iPhone as the source in SYNC 3. You can also turn off your Bluetooth to play the audio on your iPhone, or select the audio source from the iOS control panel.

It's playing the audio through bluetooth so you'll need to select your iPhone as the source in SYNC 3. You can also turn off your Bluetooth to play the audio on your iPhone, or select the audio source from the iOS control panel.
Thank You very much!

Back