• Register Today It's free!

Does your Cruise Control Work?

DeerSlayer

Reaction score
City, State
Washington State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
How many people still have their cruise control working? In a few sentences or less how did you fix it (if you did).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine does not work but no big deal I can live without it.

Mine only works if I hold the button down.

For those who still have a broken Cruise Here is a the best thread I've found for fixing it.

Cruise Thread
I'll post how I fixed mine as soon as I fix it.

Mine still worked, but stuck one time and I was afraid to use it again.

Mine works most the time, :thumbsup: However...there are times
when it won't work period, Then, the next time it will
work fine???

we went thru this many times..
first of all do the lights all work on the steering wheel... both the sets of switches i mean

probably not i know of a half dozen including myself that when these go out you can replace the switch and that will fix it.. some will say the bulb is replacable. but just go to junk yard like I did got both for $5.00 and then sold the other on ebay...

mine works like new

BeauJ said:
Mine still worked, but stuck one time and I was afraid to use it again.
That happened to me once, turned out to be the brake light switch down by the pedal.

I trust it completely.

mine works..but i have to play with it to get it to work(keep hitting the "set/acc" button)..but i have the lights out on the right side..so is that part of the prob?

anyway it has allways worked after playing with it.

works great on my dads 97...

my 95 i have to play with it also..

my moms 94 works great.

no idea if mine works...never use it, would much rather keep my big ole foot on the petal......but the rights on the right side of the wheel dont work....

96limitedX said:
mine works..but i have to play with it to get it to work(keep hitting the "set/acc" button)..but i have the lights out on the right side..so is that part of the prob?

anyway it has allways worked after playing with it.

works great on my dads 97...

my 95 i have to play with it also..

my moms 94 works great.

yeah mine would work if i played with it for a long time..
all kidding aside. replace the side that the light is out.

here you go... go an bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...50459QQitemZ7995706875QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Didn't work when I bought it. Works now. Replaced the cruise servo in the engine bay. Never really use it though.

Mine works and its been attached to 3 diff engines.

Mine still works...

The first time it stopped working turned out to be a fuse (was the brake light fuse)...

2nd time was the dump valve under the dash.. it was barely working (would barely push on the gas when on cruise) (I must have pushed on it when I was adding new gauges).. I reset the valve (so it would be hit right after you hit the brake) and now all is fine.

~Mark

Maniak said:
Mine still works...

The first time it stopped working turned out to be a fuse (was the brake light fuse)...

2nd time was the dump valve under the dash.. it was barely working (would barely push on the gas when on cruise) (I must have pushed on it when I was adding new gauges).. I reset the valve (so it would be hit right after you hit the brake) and now all is fine.

~Mark

I just did just that and fixed mine! Oh, but I also replaced a front blinker at the same time. It now works just as well as my 2000 F150. By the way I now have a cruise control servo For sale, it was working when taken off of a 94 LTD. (35.00 Shipped)

Mine works just fine. I've never had to repair it or anything. Too bad I never use it.

Mine works now, but didn't when I bought the X. I found the problem by accident when I was looking under the dash for other reasons I noticed that the clutch position sensor was unclipped-- apparently not enough to prevent the engine from starting, but enough to mess up the cruise control.

Cruise control is great for long trips.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It worked in my 94 (recently sold) which had 95,000 and it still works great in my 96 with 125,000.

Back