• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dog Problem, advice before I loose my mind please

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
I laugh when I hear this, but there are dog psycologists out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
"No pee pee in the house!"

Did you try that? It works with our dog. ;)

bills

Reaction score
City, State
State COllege PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
1995 Sport
Is the dog peeing in submission?

My dog would submission pee when he did somthing bad and he knew it. I got him from animal rescue.

He still craps in the house occassionally, but he's been getting better. I don't want to have to crate him, but this dog has done some crazy stuff.

He has ripped through numerous windows and door screens in the house. He used to run away all the time when I first got him. He just recently jumped through the window in my room and shattered the glass, this was a couple of weeks after he ripped through the screen to get out mind you. I've wanted to kill the animal a couple of times, but hes actually a really great dog.

rocket 5979

Resident Gearhead
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Villa, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT 4.6
These are the reasons why I want a cat. Cleaner and quieter animals that stay away from me on most occasions and only when I call them do they usually come bother me. I like dogs and all but I will never deal with one pissing and crapping all over my house. I would take it out and "get rid of it" the second they did that. hehe. Dogs have more personality than cats but if I wanted to deal with an animal crapping all over I would just have a kid.

Skibug

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport 4x4
Dogs have more personality than cats but if I wanted to deal with an animal crapping all over I would just have a kid.

Well in February, we will have one of those too. And that's all the more reason I told the wife that if the dog becomes too much of a hassle, the dog will have to go when the baby gets here. Maggie is her name and she really has been one of the best dogs I have ever seen or had up until now. She has really grown on me. When she is not peeing on the floor, she is one of the most loving and calm daushunds that I have ever seen, which is almost unheard of. Daushunds are usually a bounce off the walls type dog, but not Maggie. If we walk into another room she has to come lay in that room. She can not stand to be somewhere where she can not see us when we are home.

We are going to try and re-crate train her again and show her that peeing on the floor is not the thing to do.

falls chic

Reaction score
City, State
St.Catherines, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT
Okay this may sound totally off the wall ,but here it goes!!.I had a dog for 8 years, my best friend ever but, every summer he would go into pee pee mode.I brought him to the vet and he was the healthiest dog in the world. When it came time to go out and pee he refused whole heartidly. Again brought him to the vet again, To make a long story short he was badly allergic to flea bites and when he went outside they got him... All as it took was 1 bite from a flea and he went nuts. We tried and tried to find fleas on him but with no success. The vet asked us to try and use Advantage on him ( thought she was nuts), but AAAAhhhhhhh it worked. Hey it might work.... Good kuck. Peace.

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
Skibug said:
Well in February, we will have one of those too.

Right there is your answer! :D ;)

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
rocket 5979 said:
These are the reasons why I want a cat. Cleaner and quieter animals that stay away from me on most occasions and only when I call them do they usually come bother me. I like dogs and all but I will never deal with one pissing and crapping all over my house. I would take it out and "get rid of it" the second they did that. hehe. Dogs have more personality than cats but if I wanted to deal with an animal crapping all over I would just have a kid.
I have never had a problem with mine peeing/crapping in the house. Ever. It took all of one week to train my male dog.... about a month for the female. For whatever reason, sometimes smaller dogs dont really have a sense of the "den" the way a larger working breed does. Im not saying big dogs will housebreak easier, but well... usually they housebreak easier. :p

I cant help you with your dog Skibug as im not really a small dog type of guy. Small dogs seem to have a completely different type of mentality. My guess would be to re-crate train it, and if possible maybe spend a little more time with the dog during the day. Seems to me like its acting out to get attention. Big dogs do this too.... although instead of peeing they tear the A/C unit off the side of your house and drag it out into the yard and chew on it. :D

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
rocket 5979 said:

"The perfect pet, with the loyalty of a cat and the cleanliness of a dog." - Homer Simpson :D

oso2324

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Skibug - I think you may have diagniosed the problem with Maggie. It is possible Maggie is attuned to your wife's pregnancy? Did Maggie's behavior only start since your wife's pregnancy? Some animals can sense these things.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
rocket 5979 said:

I have to add my experience in here just to be different:

Although she was difficult to housetrain as a puppy, our dog is really good as an adult the only "accidents" that I remember were usually our fault for not letting her out - like the time our friend locked her inside all day because she was afraid that our dog would be stuck out in the rain (she has a doghouse) :rolleyes: Our dog is very clean, she has short hair, doesn't shed much, and even cleans herself like a cat, licking her paws and then wiping her nose.

Our cat, on the other hand, peed on all of the carpets in the entire house when we first got her. We now have all hardwood floors instead. $$$. Once we realized that the cat desperately needed to be outside, this behavior stopped although the cat is still weird about using the litterbox - she will use it every once in a while, but usually goes outside. The problem with a long haired white Persian cat is that they constantly are shedding fur and if they are an indoor/outdoor cat, they always have leaves and twigs in their fur which drops off at various times inside the house. Don't get a long haired white cat unless you really enjoy using the vacuum cleaner.

jeff96

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ninja 636, 96 Ex Sport
first off some of you seem like you should'nt have a pet, if your able to just get rid of it like that, do yourself and the dog a favor and do it. You probably just leave it chained up outside and feed it when you remember.
*waits for flaming on me to begin*

And to the peeing thing, our pitbull did'nt get the concept of peeing outside until we got our lab about 6 months after we got her. Only way we were able to prevent her from peeing in the house until she got trained was to take her outside every hour to keep her empty. The lab was housebroken in maybe 3 days? And both our dogs are apart of our family and I would never get rid of them, I just paid to have a vinyl fence put up at my in-laws house so they could watch them while me and my wife are deployed for a year.

rocket 5979

Resident Gearhead
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Villa, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT 4.6
dogfriend said:
I have to add my experience in here just to be different:

Although she was difficult to housetrain as a puppy, our dog is really good as an adult the only "accidents" that I remember were usually our fault for not letting her out - like the time our friend locked her inside all day because she was afraid that our dog would be stuck out in the rain (she has a doghouse) :rolleyes: Our dog is very clean, she has short hair, doesn't shed much, and even cleans herself like a cat, licking her paws and then wiping her nose.

Our cat, on the other hand, peed on all of the carpets in the entire house when we first got her. We now have all hardwood floors instead. $$$. Once we realized that the cat desperately needed to be outside, this behavior stopped although the cat is still weird about using the litterbox - she will use it every once in a while, but usually goes outside. The problem with a long haired white Persian cat is that they constantly are shedding fur and if they are an indoor/outdoor cat, they always have leaves and twigs in their fur which drops off at various times inside the house. Don't get a long haired white cat unless you really enjoy using the vacuum cleaner.

I will never own a long haired anything. lol.

bills

Reaction score
City, State
State COllege PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
1995 Sport
first off some of you seem like you should'nt have a pet, if your able to just get rid of it like that, do yourself and the dog a favor and do it

WHAT? DO IT TO WHAT?

:D LOL :confused: :rolleyes: