$$$ Dollar Value of 2017 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$$$ Dollar Value of 2017 Ford Explorer

geezerglide

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hi,

I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport coming off lease in October/2019. The lease payout seems reasonable, what is a reasonable Retail Price a person should ask for this Vehicles. It is in great shape has approx. 56,000 kms/ 36,000 miles. (Canadian, Calgary Vehicle()

Equipment Group 400A
Options are;
Ruby Red Metallic
Floor Mats, all Weather
2nd Row Dual Captains ChairsTwun Paner, Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise/Collison Warning
2nd Row Console
Select Shift

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at KBB, NADA or what's for sale locally on Craigslist.

Going by Autotrader.ca it looks like it could be in the $39k range. There are several Explorers of various trims for sale in the Calgary area. If you are going to list it, refer to the seats in the 2nd row as 'bucket' seats as captain's chairs have armrests like in the 2020 model. What is the residual shown in the lease?

Peter

Going by Autotrader.ca it looks like it could be in the $39k range. There are several Explorers of various trims for sale in the Calgary area. If you are going to list it, refer to the seats in the 2nd row as 'bucket' seats as captain's chairs have armrests like in the 2020 model. What is the residual shown in the lease?

Peter

Thanks for the heads up in regards to to the 2nd row seats as buckets with the console between. Residual is about CDN $28,000. will try to negotiate less GST and what else I can get.

Thanks,

geezerglide

Thanks for the heads up in regards to to the 2nd row seats as buckets with the console between. Residual is about CDN $28,000. will try to negotiate less GST and what else I can get.

Thanks,

geezerglide
If you are going to get another lease from the same dealer they may offer you more for it depending upon what the 2017 Sport is going for at that time. They can then work that price into a new lease. I know that my salesman checks the Autotrader for prices in my area when it comes to looking at the current Explorer's value.

Peter

I have virtually the same vehicle and mileage. Not sure if it helps, but a dealer recently offered me $29.5k on a trade-in. US dollars.

Back