DjDom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL(imited)
Hey guys,

I noticed in my '97 XL, that when I close the doors without pressing the lock button on the door (leave doors unlocked), the interior lights turn off instantly. However, when I press the lock button on the door and then close the door, the dome lights stay on.

It doesn't seem like a big issue, however, if I close the doors without locking them and then press lock on the keyfob, the interior lights turn on.
I hooked up an aftermarket car alarm and the door trigger is the dome light, so the alarm thinks the door was just opened, which means it turns the alarm on when I press lock on the fob.

Does anyone know how to remove the dome light delay all together or why the light turns on upon locking the doors with the fob?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump..

Bumpity bump ~

I think this thread will help, instead of trying to bypass it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323097

Thanks for the reply. I already do this, not just for the switch.
Is it possible to access the switch from the inside of the door? I've noticed that if I pull on my drivers door handle, it doesn't turn the dome lights on. And the handle is broken/springs don't pull back. Too lazy to fix it though.

Bump again.

It's driving me nuts.
It's not just the fob, it's if I press lock from in the car on the door as well.

Back