Donate to Save Dannyboy's life...cage time | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Donate to Save Dannyboy's life...cage time

So eventually when you get a new bumper, i might be wanting to take yours. Just a heads up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

which one? The rear one? John is wanting to bend up a tube bumper, but I kinda like running some old gear from my original truck, plus its 3/16"

My old tire carrier just stuck out too far and managed to bend the bumper in the corner causing a gangster lean.

Aren't you selling your truck or are you over that?

LOL @ your dog -- it so wrinkly and sad looking.

LOL @ your dog -- it so wrinkly and sad looking.

Hahaha.

Danny- i'm still trying to sell my truck. But it would be for the next one i get. I was talking about your rear bumper, i want it to have a tire carrier.

i love the tire carrier.

danny, did you take that rear shock mount crossmember thing off? if you still have it and want to get ride of it ill take it. if not its cool, me and my friend will probably fab up something kinda like it

i love the tire carrier.

danny, did you take that rear shock mount crossmember thing off? if you still have it and want to get ride of it ill take it. if not its cool, me and my friend will probably fab up something kinda like it

you can have it for $2700 or make me an offer.

danny u should cruise over to my house to check out my cage and stuff if u want. just come before saturday, i leave for a couple weeks to hawaii...

.... and no im not leaving my truck outside for anyone to steal when i leave. :)

Too bad you are ten hours away. i didn't go for work over there.

Here are some weak sketches for the tire carrier(s)

Green points will be tied into bumper and cage, orange points will be fully removable.

IMGP0019mediumwtire.jpg

tirecarrierrear1.jpg

So the hatch will be removeable, right? And when it's off you'll have two spares next to each other, and when it's on you'll have one spare facing backwards? Just wanna be sure i know what's goin on.

hmm let me go to coin star and see if i have $2700 form coins i found in the couch

...keep me in mind if you are still looking to get rid of that 35" mt/r spare...;)

no, it's not to scale, it will sit up as high as a normal spare, I jsut only had this pic of the rear and used MS paint to mock it up. The carrier will be much higher and have a totally different design.

Pics coming, stay tuned. Seats will be here today or tomorrow, cage is coming along nicely. The cargo area is complete, a different look but it will work great for my tire idea. something like 18 bends on 24 feet of steel!

a few pics of progress
Picture008medium.jpg

Picture004large.jpg

Picture005large.jpg

Picture003large.jpg

Picture001large.jpg

Picture002large.jpg

Picture007large.jpg

This design should work well for my rear tire carrier idea, also the front plate to tie into the frame near the back and also replaces stock body bolt, with a sleeve sandwiched between the two plates to eliminate crushing of the body together at the floor.

Still a long ways to go!

Lookin great! Plenty of time spent on those beds

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really nicely built! And sturdy!

You will have to give it a test roll an see how it works!:p:

Back