• Register Today It's free!

Done a TT now got Clunking!! HELP

shaunv8

Reaction score
City, State
perth australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xl
hi all i did a tt on my 97 explorer xl and got 1.5 in out of the front now when i go up or down a kerb or a bump i get a clunk in the front only on whatever side goes first. when i did the tt the left side bolt is in as far as itll go and the right has about 3 more turns left any ideas what it could be and should i back them off half a turn ps there was no noise before the tt cheers shaun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I would be tempted to back them off a couple of turns and see what happens. TT is like all things it just depends on the starting point. Maybe your x was already slightly higher than others. All the best.

tt clunk

wound it back 2 turns or 11mm and still there could i look 4 something else

It is possible that the clunk has nothing to do with the TT. But the olny way to find out is to put it all back to where you started and see if it goes away. Identifing a clunk is hard all you can do is check that all the bushes are ok and the ball joints.

Check You Kevlar Patchs on your torsion adjusters.
mine had worn almost through. Mine made a clunck with
the old ones and went away when i had the new ones
installed.
rich

kevlar

how exactly do i check these and where are they situated cheers shaun

the way i found out was to pull one of the bars and check the adjuster at the rear of it. the kevlar patch should be right where the adjuster sits up into the brackets on the Frame.
rich:)

Back