• Register Today It's free!

Done away with running boards

leftlane36

Reaction score
City, State
maynardville tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer XLT 4X4
I finally got the order to take the running boards off the wifes Ex. I have been trying to get her to do it since she put the 265/75/16s on it. Hell it makes the tires look even bigger than they really are. Now she is looking for the black tube style to go back in place of the "mini van" ones as she called them. I wish I knew how to post pics on here so I could do a before and after of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Rondo I will get the one in a bit.

071812205029.jpg

071812205008.jpg

Looking good. :thumbsup: I say leave them off.

Rondo they are staying off, atleast until she finds her some tube style that she likes. Here are a few more in a little better light along with the Exs older and wiser brother....
071912175653.jpg

071912175715.jpg

S1190001.jpg

thanks for posting the before and after pics. I am thinking about taking the tube style ones off. They do "dress it up" I guess but gives the vehicle a lower looking stance.
myex3-1.jpg

What are you doing with them? I broke the driver's side board off my wife's Ex...

JW we have them up for sale, but I think it would be cheaper for you to find some local. We are in Tennessee, Im sure the shipping would be fairly expensive to ship to Cali. PM me if you really want them and we can try to set something up.

how do i put a thread on here

I finally got the order to take the running boards off the wifes Ex. I have been trying to get her to do it since she put the 265/75/16s on it. Hell it makes the tires look even bigger than they really are. Now she is looking for the black tube style to go back in place of the "mini van" ones as she called them. I wish I knew how to post pics on here so I could do a before and after of it.

Back