dont drink and drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dont drink and drive

dont drink and drive!

i put all pics on my cardomain site since nothing else would host them so go here for the pics pics of accident

heres the story...
On halloween this year i was driving to an offroad rec park with a few of my friends and 7 in the morning. We were going around a bend on a two land hiway when out of nowhere a drunk driving a silverado came sliding into my lane going about 80 mph and hit me head on. I was going about 30 - 30 at the poing of impact so when we hit it was an impact of well over 100 mph. My girlfriend and i had a few broken bones and some severe lacerations on us but its been almost two months since the accident and we are both doing fine and will make complete recoveries. As for the people in the silverado, the driver died on impact, the guy passenger had a compound break in his femur with multiple severe lacerations all over him and several other broken bones, the other girl passenger slipped into a coma and died a week later due to swelling of the brain. Not quite sure how my girlfriend and I are still here but we are and were doing ok. I just bought another explorer a few weeks ago since my last one did so well in the accident and im gonna be doing a lot of work to it in the next few weeks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

attachment.php

Yahoo Sucks!

Glad everyone is ok on your part. To bad people have to learn the hard way about drinkin and driving. :(

Need to work on the pics though. ;)

Damn scary...

Glad you guys are ok.

Stupid drunk driver.

A Wise Guy said:
This post would rock with pictures.

LOL I was thinking the same thing

wow

am i to understand that everybody in the silverado had their seatbelts on too?......oviously you and your g/f had yours on

but for the people in the silverado, what a stupid way to die...."lets drive drunk 80mph around this blind corner!"

my gosh that is horrible. Glade you came out ok.

I don't understand how this thread rocks, considering 2 people died. This is only good in that the sober ones came out alive, typically the drunk driver lives and kills all the innocent people. I would like to see some pictures though. Sounds like a terrible incident.

damn i guess the pics only work for me, let me try and post them again on something besides yahoo because the pictures tell the whole story

you can email me the pictures and i can host them on my domain for you

toxicjn at gmail.com

here are the pictures

explorer pre accident
truck2smaller.jpg

side of explorer post accident
sideofcar.jpg

explorer
mycar.jpg

the silverado
silverado.jpg

wow thats insane...is there someone in the 3rd picture?

It is good to know you and your chick made it okay.

These and plenty of other stories with photos assue me that me and my passengers in my Explorers are safe. I don't know about the Firestone lawsuit, but it seems to me that these trucks protect their passengers extremely well. Like ask BBQ Hotdogs.

Chew_12 said:
wow thats insane...is there someone in the 3rd picture?
yes i am in the driver seat and my girl was in the passenger seat i think you can just see her hair

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW, thats crazy, glad to see your all alright, count your blessings

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back