• Register Today It's free!

Don't Use Mr. Taillight

jfrank

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Maria, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT, '92 EB, 93 XLT
Based on a recommendation of someone on this board I ordered a headlight assembly for my 91 XLT from Mr. Taillight in Ohio.
This is my chronology of the totally lousy service I have gotten from Mr. Taillight:

May 26th - I order a headlight assembly for my 1991 Ford Explorer from Mr. Taillight's web site

June 7th - After 10 working days Mr. Taillight finally gets around to shipping my order

June 10th - Order received, it is the wrong part. It is a rear taillight assembly.
I check my order to make sure I had ordered the correct part. I had.
I e-mail Mr. Taillight and ask them, as it was their error, to send me the correct part in a timely manner.

June 11th - Mr. Taillight e-mails me that they will not send the correct part until they receive the incorrect part back.
I sent the incorrect part back to Mr. Taillight by priority mail.

June 13th - According to the USPS Mr. Taillight received my package at 10:04 AM

June 20th - Still have not received the correct part from Mr. Taillight so I send them an e-mail.

June 24th - Mr. Tailight has not responded to my e-mail, so I call. I am told that my order shipped last Friday(the 21st) from their "Arizona Warehouse".

We will see if it shows up in the next day or two. Even if it does my Explorer will have been down for a month mainly due to Mr. Taillights errors and lousy service. I strongly suggest anyone on this board refrain from doing business with Mr. Taillight.

That sucks! You couldnt find one in a junkyard?

Back