• Register Today It's free!

door ajar buzzer and horn

FXDiz

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Ford Explorer
I'm looking for an answer to the door ajar buzzer coming on periodically while driving it (to the point it's driving me nuts) and now it has developed a security horn going off periodically after it's parked and locked. I looked for the broken wire in the door everyone says it is but couldn't find one! I took the door boot loose on both ends and took the door panel off and checked the wires. Everything looked good so where to from here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am having the same problem. i took the panel off to look for broken wires or a loose ground. did not find anything. my next step is to check the wires in the boot.

I used penetration oil on all my latches because the horn alarm would sound in the middle of the night or day it thought someone opened the door . It was so annoying also hated leaving it unlocked so the alarm doesn't didn't go off .I also thought I had a broken wire too but I didn't I sprayed the latches a few times that seemed to fix it been fine for two month.

I used penetration oil on all my latches because the horn alarm would sound in the middle of the night or day it thought someone opened the door . It was so annoying also hated leaving it unlocked so the alarm doesn't didn't go off .I also thought I had a broken wire too but I didn't I sprayed the latches a few times that seemed to fix it been fine for two month.

For future reference you know if you lock it manually with the key instead of using the remote the alarm should not arm.

Back