• Register Today It's free!

Door Ajar Light

Vikerex

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I seem to have just the opposit problem as most of you do, with the door ajar light. Mine will not come on, I have changed the bulb, but still nothing. The "bong" works when the door(s) are open, but no light?????

Ted :confused:

Does your "fasten your seatbelt" indicator on your dash light up. If it does, it is the same voltage source for both these indicators.... then its the connection between your instrument panel and the GEM (the GEM provides the ground to the appropriate pin to light the bulb). If the fasten your seatbelt doesn't light up either, then its likely a voltage connection problem to your panel or a fuse.

Yes the seatbelt indicator does light up. Now where do I start looking? At the GEM?

Both are kind of ugly... but since you have changed the bulb, you already know that. I only have a 96 "reference" but it looks like pin 9 (BK/O) of the GEM has a ground on it to turn on the light. You could check for that. And then follow it from there to your instrument panel (pin 10 on one of the connectors... follow the wire color.... hopefully your 2000 is close / same).

Back