• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Door auto-lock feature (@~15mph) 2012-2015 Police Interceptor Utility

gitme

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford P.I. Utility
Does anyone here driving a Police Interceptor Utility have the automatic door lock @ 15mph feature activated?

If so, do you know how it was activated, as the my Utility does not have the option to activate / deactivate the feature through the cluster with the left steering wheel selector.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

evader2k

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
anyone ever hear of a PIU having this? I'm interested in it as well!

asull85

The Storm Chaser
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Mine has auto unlock but not auto lock.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Does anyone here driving a Police Interceptor Utility have the automatic door lock @ 15mph feature activated?

If so, do you know how it was activated, as the my Utility does not have the option to activate / deactivate the feature through the cluster with the left steering wheel selector.
Perhaps the members familiar with Forscan might be able to help to find out if it is a selectable setting in one of the control modules.

Peter

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
This feature does not work properly when enabled on 13/14s. I suspect 15 would be the same. Not sure on 16/17s as I haven't done it to those.

The issue likely resides in the firmware rather than something that can just be programmed.

blob19

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Mine has auto unlock but not auto lock.
What's the benefit of auto unlock? Just for rear passengers? On mine even if the driver door is locked, pulling the interior handle will unlock and open the door in one motion.

asull85

The Storm Chaser
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Once I shut the truck off, if the doors are locked and I open my door, all the doors unlock.

Rob_I

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU
This feature does not work properly when enabled on 13/14s. I suspect 15 would be the same. Not sure on 16/17s as I haven't done it to those.

The issue likely resides in the firmware rather than something that can just be programmed.
I have a 13 PIU poked around in Forscan and well as IDS. I can't get it to work. When I attempt to program autolock it just fails so seems like a no-go. Even updated the firmware to latest via IDS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Blend Door shaft has no threads Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
J Adding Rear Door Speakers Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
K 2016 rear door locks Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
F Rear door panel pockets Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
T replacing rear door speaker grills Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 35
B Differences in Door Chimes for Model Years Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
Z Power Door lock wires? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
M Radio stays on after removing the keys and opening the door? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
Trader0000 Rear Door Speaker Holes Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 18
K Does anyone know how the rear door power window delete option works? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
U Police Utility with Inoperable Inside Rear Door Handles? Read this... Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 12
N 2013 PIU - Undoing Rear Door Handle Disable & Install Rear Lock Rods Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 10
P Remote lock issues Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
B Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
D replacing glove box lock cylinder Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
S Keyless lock/unlock feedback and autolock/unlock Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 10