• Register Today It's free!

Door bushing replacement

RichardOdie

Reaction score
City, State
Abbotsford Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1991 XLT
The bushings in my drivers door are worn and causing the door to sag. Is there an easy way replacing these without removing the door hinge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bushings

I just placed a few washers between my lower hinge and the body, looks fine and works great for close to 3 years now... Spent a total of .20 for the washers and I have extras for when the others start to sag, as for time, about 10-15 minutes...

I did it on my 92 the way the link in the second post says, you can get the pin and bushings shown there at Canadian Tire, if you cant match the HELP part # here in Canada, get the one that says its for a Mustang or F-150 and it will work.

Todd

I just finished doing this following the procedure outlined in the second post. The only problem I had was the lower bushing was frozen to the hinge pin. After I got it driven up where I could get to it with my dremel and cut it in two I don't think it took me more than 5 minutes to finish. It only took about an hour total to do. Much easier than replacing the whole upper hinge.

Chris

Door bushings

Does anyone know if the hinge bushings are the same front and rear upper hinges?

Back