• Register Today It's free!

Door glass

Carbuff7

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 sport-trac xlt
Does anyone know if the front door glass from an 01 (or earlier) explorer will fit the front door of an 04 sport trac? Ive looked all over and found lots of conflicting info. It would be great if someone posted who had actually put an explorer window in their sport trac. I know the tints might be a bit different. I also realize that this might be a question asked a lot. If so, if you could direct me to a thread that addresses this, it would be great. And, same question for back door glass. I know the stationary quarter window is different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes it should. Go into rockauto and look up your ST. Either in body or interior you can view door glass. Click on the part number and a panel will open up showing what all vehicles it will fit.

For example, when I click on the piece of glass number DD08733Y it shows it fits:

Ford Explorer 1995-2001
Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2001-2003
Mercury Mountaineer 1997-2001

You can do your research on RockAuto.

Good place to buy parts too.

Good luck

We recently had a thread regarding using a regular 4-door front door on an ST and it turned out the front doors are identical, so the glass should be interchangeable too.

Thanks for the quick replies. I had seen that thread on the door swap but it still left the question whether an 01 glass would fit an 04 door. Maybe the mounting points might have changed or something. Some had long metal tracks on the bottom and some had 2 little clips for mounting points. I had not thought of rockauto. Using charts on ebay and amazon yielded mixed results. I will probably source a junkyard window so most likely an oem part. The truck is coming home tomorrow so I will find out what I have to work with.

It seems that there is some difference between an 04 and an 03 sport trac front window I think the change took place midyear 03 as the 04 listing says fits 03-05 sport tracs and the 03 listing says it fits 00-03 sport tracs and up to 01 mounty and explorers. Back windows are the same however. Maybe i will get lucky and find a 04 st in the junkyard.

Thanks sws, I found one from an 05 st on the hollander site for $65 shipped. If I cant find one local thats what I'll do.

Back