Door handle touch unlock all doors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door handle touch unlock all doors?

ReLoaDeD BuLLiTT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
13' Explorer Limited Eco
As of right now, when I reach my hand in the door handle, it only unlocks the driver's side door, which is inconvenient. I want it to unlock all 4, because my wife and kids are frequently with me. How can I reprogram it to unlock all 4? I'm sure it's possible. I was able to reprogram my Toyota to do it. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure why the difference, but ours unlocks all doors when grabbing the handle.

I think it is in left instrument cluster under my vehicle, then one on locks.

On my 2015, I don't have the keyless entry, and the owners manual says to hold both the lock and unlock buttons down on the remote for about four seconds and that will disable the two stage unlock feature. To enable it do it again. Yours might be different though since you have keyless entry. You might have to go into one of the menus on the touch screen or some other vehicle settings menu.

On my 2015, I don't have the keyless entry, and the owners manual says to hold both the lock and unlock buttons down on the remote for about four seconds and that will disable the two stage unlock feature. To enable it do it again. Yours might be different though since you have keyless entry. You might have to go into one of the menus on the touch screen or some other vehicle settings menu.
this did it! thank you! saved me the trouble.

It's in the cluster under settings, then vehicle. I had to change it also.

I JUST bought this vehicle on Thursday, and it didn't come with a manual.

I did a search on this forum before making this post and nothing came up relevant to my question, so maybe this will help someone in the future. It's a limited, with the feature, why not use it? it's there for that reason. Countless times, I have things in my hands while opening my driver's side door and yes, it IS inconvenient to reach my hand in my pocket and grab my keys out and press a button versus sticking my hand in the door handle and pulling it instead.
#getalife

Wow, either you are really young, or it was REALLY inconvenient for you when you had to unlock the doors with a key and then unlock each door individually.

:nono: unnecessary

Wow, either you are really young, or it was REALLY inconvenient for you when you had to unlock the doors with a key and then unlock each door individually.

God forbid someone wants their $40-50k car to work properly. Guess me being really young is why I had an issue with my backup sensors going out. If only I'd been around when you had to use only your mirrors and best judgement. :rolleyes:

I realize you already corrected the problem but just want to add that one might try pushing the last digit on the code twice. I know both my edge and F150 unlock all the doors if you push twice.

Ex. Code = 12345, Enter 123455. The 12345 will open just the drivers door and the 123455 should open all.

I am waiting for my EX so I don't know if it works on them.

god forbid someone wants their $40-50k car to work properly. Guess me being really young is why i had an issue with my backup sensors going out. If only i'd been around when you had to use only your mirrors and best judgement. :rolleyes:
lmao!

I realize you already corrected the problem but just want to add that one might try pushing the last digit on the code twice. I know both my edge and F150 unlock all the doors if you push twice.

Ex. Code = 12345, Enter 123455. The 12345 will open just the drivers door and the 123455 should open all.

I am waiting for my EX so I don't know if it works on them.
I just got it last week, so I haven't even programmed the door's keypad yet, lol. I was just asking about when i stick my hand in the door handle how it auto unlocks...it was only unlocking the driver's door, now it unlocks all 4. thanks! i'll keep that in mind as well.

I just got it last week, so I haven't even programmed the door's keypad yet, lol. I was just asking about when i stick my hand in the door handle how it auto unlocks...it was only unlocking the driver's door, now it unlocks all 4. thanks! i'll keep that in mind as well.

Yah, I mis-read. Sorry

Have you tried clicking the button twice? Thats how my Ford works. One click opens the drivers door, two clicks opens them all.

Have you tried clicking the button twice? Thats how my Ford works. One click opens the drivers door, two clicks opens them all.

again, this is the feature you don't use a remote or a keypad for, it's for when you simply reach your hand in the door handle. it worked fine double tapping the unlock button on the remote. whether or not the feature is only with the limited, i could not tell you. i got it sorted though. :)

Intelligent Entry Frustration

When I first got my 2016 Explorer, the key fob/intelligent entry unlocked all of the doors when I touched the driver's side door. Now it is only unlocking the driver's side. The dealer says that is the "correct" way it should work but I want all of the doors to open. Can I change it somehow?

When I first got my 2016 Explorer, the key fob/intelligent entry unlocked all of the doors when I touched the driver's side door. Now it is only unlocking the driver's side. The dealer says that is the "correct" way it should work but I want all of the doors to open. Can I change it somehow?

I don't know about the correct way (did you look it up in your manual? even though that doesn't mean too much either...), my 16 unlocks all doors when I touch the driver's side door handle.

Unlock all doors

There is a setting in the left hand display that will allow you to unlock all door with a touch of the inner button on the driver's door. It's under vehicle in the information display.

TBill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup. That owners manual is very informative!

Back