• Register Today It's free!

door heat actuator

MOhecan

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
When I turned my heat all the way up my door actuator started clicking. I changed the actuator and when I turned on the heat is not as hot. I did not change from hot to cold the first time I put in, but took it back out and did it the second time. Heat is still not hot just warm. Did I screw up the actuator or jus get a bad one. My heat worked fine before i put in the new actuator

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone please help me??

I am at lost.

What is door actuator in your case?

And how is it related to heat ?

In the HVAC system there are two doors (actuators), one that controls the temperature of the system and the other controls the output areas. In his case he is having issues with the temperature actuator (gear driven door).

I've never dived into this part of the Climate Control System, but the OP sounds so pathetic, I feel compelled to help in some way. I'll throw out these diagrams for reference. I see five doors total:

Item 4: Panel Door
Item 5: Defrost Door
Item 8: Temperature blend door
Item 10: Air inlet door
Item 22: Floor door​

I guess the Temperature blend door is the one malfunctioning at the moment. Sounds like it was installed a few degrees off or something, but I've never really seen how it all works.

412-00-5.gif

412-00-6.gif

412-00-7.gif

Wow Ornery thanks for that... so much easier to see all the doors that way than looking at a parts diagram. The two that typically malfunction and are easy to replace are 8 and 10 and were the two I was talking about (they are the two primary door actuators that feed to everything else). See this post for a description of the common issues and possible fixes.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298538&highlight=blend+door

Back