• Register Today It's free!

Door is ajar (but its NOT)

Dian

Reaction score
City, State
L.A.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Ranger
Hi, my truck's dash light is now intermittitenly telling me that the 'door is ajar'. It is NOT. I don't know why it thinks that, but its driving me nuts. I open the door, I shut the door, I lock the door. She also starts chirping wildly, to tell me that the key is in the ignition, after I put her in park. I know the key is there, give me a chance to park and pull it out! I'd ignore the 'door is ajar' thingy however, I don't want the truck to freak out and burn down the battery or something. Also, when its doing this, the interior dome light goes on and then stays on, I can't seem to turn it off. Very annoying especially if its nighttime and everybody is staring at you wondering why you're frigging dome light is on. It seems to go out on its own after I drive a little while. I have WD-40ed everything in sight, thinking that the truck thinks the 'door is ajar' cause its getting hung up on some switch or something, but nothing is working just yet.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you

Edog, you rock. Thanks for taking the time to send me all those 'threads'. It was the sliding back window! I didn't know that was hooked up with the doors. I would've never figured it out...thanks!

You are welcome. This site has helped me in the past and I was just returning the favor. Can you go into detail what the problem was and how you fixed it. Maybe others can benefit from your solution.

I feel kinda silly, as it was no biggie, I just made sure the rear sliding window was closed and shut properly!

Squirt some WD-40 in the latch mechanism. I had the same prob. It works!

Back