Door lock and cruise control problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door lock and cruise control problem

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi guys,

I have 2 problems with my 2001 sport trac.
My door locks works normal with the key and when I push the lock button, but when I was in reverse or in drive and start driving before the was locking automatic ly all doors. Now that no works. I think maybe a cable is broke but I'm not sure. I don't have any idear where I have to check or to look that for fix it.
I hope some guys know more than I about the problem.

Still my cruise control is not working, on the self test the flashing 2 times on the end. With the old brake pedal position switch the was going a little bit on and then directly off again from the vibrations. Now we change the switch and since that time the do nothing. Ok the brake lights are working but not more. I think maybe there is a broken cable too. But I don't know how much cable are for the lights and how much are for the cruise control. Here is the same, I don't know to where goes the cable for check that is broke or not or is the switch. The cable goes directly to the cruise control part under the hood on passenger side? Or goes first to a another Modul?
We was testing with an another switch too was the same.

Thanks
Manuel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody can help???

Manuel

Auto Lock not working...

I had this issue on a 2000 Mountaineer. It turned out the previous owner had removed a fuse and not replaced it. I think it was fuse #21 on the left side of the dash. It also controlled the backup lights and rear window defroster on the Mountaineer. Nowhere in the owner's manual did it say anything about this fuse. I don't know if this info would be relevant to an '01 ST, but I suggest you check all your fuses.

The fuses are ok.
The autolock say is enabled but still not working.

The cruise control still not working, the brake switch is changed and the brake pedal switch too. But know I have 2 wait one or two days because now I dont have any brake pressure, I think the mechanic forgot to put the air out of the lines.

Regards Manuel

When I bought my '05 Sport Trac a few years ago the autolock was not working. I went through the procedure to activate it and it did turn on, but in my case I discovered that the locks seemed to have a mind of their own, randomly locking and unlocking. I took the door panel off and I discovered a wire near the actuator that had the vinyl covering partially worn through, causing the exposed wire to hit metal. I repaired the wire and never had another issue. Maybe you have a broken wire near the actuator?? Or possibly where the wiring loom enter the door?

Hy guys,
now I found time to check the doorlock-system. On the driverside doorlock are 5 cables, that I was checking from the door to inside, all have contact. yes my autolock is on, but maybe a cable is broke on the way to the module or relay or whatever. which part control the autolock, where I have to look for that? Sorry with autolock I mean that system that lock all doors when you start driving.
Ok, I think that in the foto is the module for all type of locks but which cable is for what? There exist a list the explain the the cable colors? Like green red is that yellow green is that and and and?
Thanks.

ps.
cruise control still not works, I tested a few pedal switches and pressure switches, nothing. without a wire diagram I can do nothing. Maybe someone here have a diagram but really have to be for a sport trac 2001 4x2. because on another models like 2002 or 4x4 can be different.

Thanks

20190308_115534.jpg

Back