Door Lock Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door Lock Issues

I've never used the key blade so I'm not familiar with how much force is required to lock/unlock the door. Did you by any chance check to see if there was power going to the actuator when you had the door panel off? If there was power then that could be a good indication the actuator isn't working. If there was no power, then you have another problem. Just FYI; Search Results | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never used the key blade so I'm not familiar with how much force is required to lock/unlock the door. Did you by any chance check to see if there was power going to the actuator when you had the door panel off? If there was power then that could be a good indication the actuator isn't working. If there was no power, then you have another problem. Just FYI; Search Results | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

I did not. That would have been the smart thing to do. I’m hoping to find time today or next weekend to just do the fuses real quick and then open the door back up and test the power. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hey royski,
Any update this issue? I am seeing the exact same thing. Driver side door does not budge with unlock or lock. Need to manually lock it when I leave car and climb across from passenger side to pull door handle to unlock it. And the back door driver side I would say 90% of the time doesn’t work. Occasionally I look and see it stuck in the unlock position. But most of the time it doesn’t move/I just have it stuck in the lock position.

I have taken off the driver side door panel to take a look at the actuator. Not totally familiar with it all but it looked fine nothing stuck out as broken. I am starting to think I must have broken wires in the door jamb if it’s just the driver side doors. A fuse would probably mean all the doors wouldn’t work? Any insight by anyone would be greatly appreciated trying to avoid the dealership since they just charged me $2500 to change my steering rack after that just randomly broke...this explorer will be the death of me

Add me to the list here. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my driver's door is the one out of the four that actually works. None of the other three doors will lock or unlock with the fob or the buttons inside the car, they must be locked or unlocked manually. I'm not even going to bother trying to fix mine. Not on a '13 with almost 120k miles...I'll be looking to get out of the vehicle sooner rather than later.

Welcome to the Forum Brian.:wave:
Your Owner's Manual only shows position #3 in the cabin fuse box as being for the Driver lock relay (20A). Position #24 is the Central lock relay (20A).
Do you not have a key to unlock the driver's door?

Peter
All doors on my wifes 2016 Explorer XLT will not lock from the key fob or the door panels (driver or passenger). Also only drivers door unlocks from key fob if manually locked. Any thoughts?

All doors on my wifes 2016 Explorer XLT will not lock from the key fob or the door panels (driver or passenger). Also only drivers door unlocks from key fob if manually locked. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you checked the setting to see if it is set up for what you want?

Peter

Back