Door lock only work with Viper alarm FOB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door lock only work with Viper alarm FOB

Karpiel73

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport
Went to go into work this morning and my doors wouldn't unlock, everything acted like the battery had drained over night. Slim jimmed my way in and battery is perfect.
The key fob and all door lock buttons inside try and unlock the doors, but all that happens is the sound of maybe the actuator cycling.
When I use my Viper alarm remote, all the doors unlock/lock like they were brand new.

Coukd the alarm be interfering with the stock system somehow?

Quick update, cycled the locks several times with the viper alarm. Now the stock key fob works and the doors are locking/unlocking like it were brand new. Not sure what the problem could've been.

Probably unrelated, but keep those door latches clean and lubricated. Glad it's working now.

Probably unrelated, but keep those door latches clean and lubricated. Glad it's working now.

I lubricated them about 1 month prior to this happening and a couple times before that in 8 years. They're inexplicably working so I can't complain! :thumbsup: thanks!

Back