Door lock problem, can open when locked | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door lock problem, can open when locked

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
FL had a cold spell. My X didn't like that. The passanger side door lock wouldn't unlock. Heard the motor. Key also didn't work. I left it alone. Seemed to be fine once the temp went back to normal. Forward now almost 2 months. I discover the passenger door will open from the outside when locked. I can use the keyless remote & I hear the motor & the knob does go down like it should be locked. Normal lock & unlock sounds. But I can open the door from outside. I lock with the key same thing. Any ideas? I'm terrable at anything but taking the panel off. I'll give it to a shop if I need t replace a actuator or linkage.

sometimes my hatch wont unlock or lock, but it sounds like it did unlock (hard to say though with all the other lock/unlock noise)... tried hosing the actuator and the joint pieces it with silicone spray stuff... works for a bit then comes back again...:(

Plastic piece behind the lock actuator broke. New one only Ford had. $12. $100 in labor. :mad:
:angryfire:

Back