Door locking from door handle 2016 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door locking from door handle 2016

dutchman71

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 EX LIMITED I4
On my old 2012 my doors would lock instantly when my fingers would touch the buttons on the outside door handle.

On my 2016 it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works right away and other times it takes a couple of tries.

Anyone else notice this? Pretty annoying when you rushing somewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my 14, just touch the black button on the door handle locks the car. If you have a part of your hand on any part of the door handle also, car won't lock.

On my old 2012 my doors would lock instantly when my fingers would touch the buttons on the outside door handle.

On my 2016 it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works right away and other times it takes a couple of tries.

Yes, having the same problem

does the 12 have an actual push button?

because the 2016 is a touch sense pad.

also - I don't use that to lock - I use the key fob, or I pre-lock the doors by hitting the button on the inside and then close the door.

I use the fob to unlock most often as well - because I like to remote start. although I know I don't need to.

does the 12 have an actual push button?

because the 2016 is a touch sense pad.

also - I don't use that to lock - I use the key fob, or I pre-lock the doors by hitting the button on the inside and then close the door.

I use the fob to unlock most often as well - because I like to remote start. although I know I don't need to.
Those with that feature are all the touch sensitive kind. I use that touch pad every day that I use the vehicle. In 4.5 years I probably have used the fob to unlock 2 or 3 times.

Peter

Yes, same here with my 16. I first suspected that the vehicle might still sense the key in the car, thus not locking. Sometimes, holding the purse with the key in it a little bit further away helps. Sometimes, having the purse closer helps.

Yes, totally hit or miss and sometimes annoying.

Edit: I have the same problem when opening the car once in a while. Not as often, but still annoying.

Same here. Still trying to figure out a pattern...

Yes, same here with my 16. I first suspected that the vehicle might still sense the key in the car, thus not locking. Sometimes, holding the purse with the key in it a little bit further away helps. Sometimes, having the purse closer helps.

Yes, totally hit or miss and sometimes annoying.

Edit: I have the same problem when opening the car once in a while. Not as often, but still annoying.

Seems like another issue common to the 2016 models. It seems every new model year brings its unique problems.

Peter

I just touch the button and door locks, no issue here. Worked every time so far.:)
No issue with door unlocking either. Just place my hand over door handle and I am in.

Back