Door Locks

jchrist

Reaction score
City, State
mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ranger
Hey Ranger people!:usa::thumbsup:

Did a search but didnt come up with much. Heres the question: I have a 2003 FX4 with the power group, L/W...., is there a way to program the door locks to lock automatically when I put it in drive?? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

JC

Should just be a matter of tapping into the transmission wiring harness or somewhere that gives a signal when put into drive, and wiring it to the door lock mechanism. If you go to a custom shop, they should be able to do it for you.

Should just be a matter of tapping into the transmission wiring harness or somewhere that gives a signal when put into drive, and wiring it to the door lock mechanism. If you go to a custom shop, they should be able to do it for you.

Thats an option but I was thinking there was a way to program the SJB to do it. You know, like honk the horn 7 times, run around the truck, check the oil twice and then hit the lock button 4 times fast.

I can find out at work, hard to figure out where I work huh, but was thinking I could get the answer today. Thanks.

No SJB on a 2003 Ranger - you have a separate GEM, CSM and fuse panel instead. The CSM should have the Autolock capability since it is the same part number as the one in an 03 Sport Trac.

Since Rangers don't have Autolock from the factory, you might need to go into the CSM with a dealer tool (NGS+, WDS) to turn that feature on. In addition, you'd need to run a Reverse wire and a Brake Pedal Position Switch wire to the CSM. After you get it setup and functional, you should be able to toggle it on and off using the procedure in the Sport Trac owner's manual.

Back