• Register Today It's free!

Door Locks

MaCheeseMo

Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City, South Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer
On my 02 explorer, when i push the door lock button none of the doors will lock and it is the same when i use the remote they don't lock. I have to manually lock all of the doors. The remote and button on the door will unlock all the doors so i don't know where to start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 02 explorer, when i push the door lock button none of the doors will lock and it is the same when i use the remote they don't lock. I have to manually lock all of the doors. The remote and button on the door will unlock all the doors so i don't know where to start.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can start by checking for broken wires in your drivers side door jam. Here is a post link below to a post on how to do that by "Synyster". It also comes with photo's. It is a post on a door ajar problem, but it shows you the area to look for broken door wires.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

It worked for a couple of times today, but doesnt work now. It is like it only wants to work when it feels like it.

It worked for a couple of times today, but doesnt work now. It is like it only wants to work when it feels like it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a similar thing going on with my remote. It doesn't unlock the drivers door on the first tap of the unlock button(puddle lights light up though on 1st tap) and it can take up to 6-10 taps before it finally unlocks. All the other doors including the tailgate unlock on the 2nd tap as they should. It also doesn't lock right away either with the remote and can take a 3rd tap to get it to lock. I know the lock actuator and remote work, just takes longer than it should. I thought I had it figured out a few months ago by re-programming my remote to the PCU system, but it only worked for a day or so and back to the same old thing. My arm rest controls for locking and unlocking the door works fine. Have no clue what it is (but hunch says remote control button glitch) and I tried getting a Ford dealership to give me some insight into what is causing this and all the way wanted to do is schedule me for an appointment and rake me for some cash. Screw that! I'll drill holes thru the door and lock it with a chain and padlock before I give them $120 per hour labor for something so stupid as this.

Its weird cause it only seems to do it when it gets cold out. If it is warm outside the doors will look with no problem.

Back