• Register Today It's free!

door speakers for 2001 sport

djstatix

Reaction score
City, State
Killeen, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
any suggestion for replacements with my amp setup?

id like to add tweeters to the doors just above the mirror remote too if the new door speakers dont handle the job. what would you suggest?

been looking at the pioneer ones at best buy there around 99 a pair 4 way's 6x8 240w rms.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" components and I love them. Here's a pic of what I did with the tweeter.
251292_8_full.jpg

hey i'm looking to do the same thing to mine .. where did you find the thing to go around the tweeter ... and did you install yourself? do you have a writeup on how the panels and stuff came off, etc?

Originally posted by xplorerchic
hey i'm looking to do the same thing to mine .. where did you find the thing to go around the tweeter ... and did you install yourself? do you have a writeup on how the panels and stuff came off, etc?

The ring that goes around the tweeter came with the tweeters. I did install them myself, but I don't have a write up or any other pics. The door panels come off real easy. Just the 2 screws at the bottom, I believe, and then just pull gently and it will pop off. I just used a Dremel to make the holes. I made the holes just barely big enough to fit the cup that the tweeters sit in so I didn't have to worry about fastening in the cup. It took me about an hour to do both doors like that and install the speakers.

Originally posted by SiLenZe
shadow are the 6 1/2 easy to put in? im looking at those for the front also

Mine were a piece of cake. I didn't have to do any cutting or drilling. Only 2 of the holes have screws in them, but I felt 2 was enough.

Back