• Register Today It's free!

Door trouble

Mental_help2

Reaction score
City, State
Hazlehurst,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Mercury mountaineer
i have a 98 Mounty and the the back passenger side door only opens from the out side i thought it was just the child safety lock but that isn't it so i opened up the panel and i looked at the wire that gits pooled to open the door and it seemed to be fine but the door still wont open from the inside so can any one help me out with this also i am having a problem with the passenger side door it wont open from the inside or out side thanks in advance for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both of my rear doors are kinda difficult to open from the inside. It seems like you have to pull the inside door handle to "almost breaking point" for the latch to release. Spraying some silicone spray in the latch area helped somewhat. I might try some PB Blaster to see if that works better.

Both of my rear doors are kinda difficult to open from the inside. It seems like you have to pull the inside door handle to "almost breaking point" for the latch to release. Spraying some silicone spray in the latch area helped somewhat. I might try some PB Blaster to see if that works better.

i tried that a couple days ago pulling it really hard but all that happened is the handle broke and i had to go to a junk yard a git another one for like 2 bucks but still thats also how i know the inside handle is hooked up right...it just isn't working but thanks for the info i might try that Pb blaster anyways but if anybody else might be able to help me i would greatly appreciate it

my handle dosnt go in all the way sometimes is pokes out a little but it still works i didnt no why till i read the links.

ok i fixed the back door i bent the metal rod that connects the handle to the mechanism and it worked perfectly

bent the metal rod to the mechanism? could you elaborate please. im having this same problem on both of the rear doors on dos explorers. yeah, 2. its annoying.

bent the metal rod to the mechanism? could you elaborate please. im having this same problem on both of the rear doors on dos explorers. yeah, 2. its annoying.

ok basically take off the door panel you should see a metal rod with this stuff wrapped around it just pull up really hard on it and thats it

Back