• Register Today It's free!

Dorman UCA

blakshukvw

Reaction score
City, State
K.C. mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 5.0
Anyone used the Dorman line of control arms in their truck before? How is the quality compared to Moog? I'm looking at Dorman and Mevotech for the right front upper control arm. I think I'm just going to replace it with a 2 piece again cause I don't want to get an alignment. Just curious on the quality of these brands. The Moogs are quite expensive.

I used the Dorman and am quite happy with them. I did use the Moog camber kit with them because I wanted to replace those as well. I haven't used the Moog arms so I can't really compare them...just wanted to say I did use the Dormans.

I installed a one piece Dorman on the passenger side to save weight and money plus it looked stronger. The upper ball joint is not removable and has no grease fitting.

I also used the driver's side Dorman UCA and it did come with a grease fitting. Not sure why they decided to let us only grease the left side. Installed them maybe three months ago so they haven't been on long enough to test for reliability, but so far so good.

EDIT:

blakshukvw said:
I think I'm just going to replace it with a 2 piece again cause I don't want to get an alignment.

You will have to get an alignment anyways. There's little chance you can install the new UCA exactly how the old one was positioned. Considering this you might as well upgrade to the one piece design. If so you will need the MOOG cam bolt kit for each side. They are expensive but if you don't have them the shop won't be able to align the new arm, and they'll just order it for you at a premium.

Back