double din navigation screen fit???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

double din navigation screen fit????

fox.josh

Reaction score
City, State
camden, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
I searched and found no results but my question is i want to put a 6.5 in double din navigation screen in my 01 sport trac. I cant find any information on if it will fit or what all it will take. If any information is around please point me in that direction thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Pioneer Avic f900bt in my 05 trac. They fit with a little trimming some say. My truck didn't need any trimming at all.

I went through this when I changed out my head unit in my ST. According to Crutchfield, you cannot put the DD in the Sport Trac. The opening appears to be the size of DD, but is slightly smaller. They sent me some pics of the difference, but I have since deleted them. I did not take the chance so I went with the single din and the adaptor kit. I think the DD would have looked better, but what are you going to do. I Crutchfield sells that or a unit that is close you can use their "fits your vehicle" function to see if it fits. Good luck!

It will fit, you just have to do some ver yminor trimming on the backside of the bezel, and you cant even see it once the new unit is installed. I a DD kenwood unit in my st.

thanks guys so did you use a universal din kits? or what kit?

If you do the trimming you will not need a kit. You will only need the wire kit to adapt to your factory connector plug.

may i ask how it is mounted to the dash?

i also added a DD in my 01 trac. little trimming and it fits fine. you cant see where you trimmed it once its installed.

Here you go... These are the cuts that need to be made. Also you need the Metra install kit 95-5026, I got mine from Best Buy.

Explorer_bezel.jpg

thanks alot for the help guys

Back