double honk disable/enable with FORscan | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

double honk disable/enable with FORscan

That's also how I do it, Peter - I don't shut the door all the way when getting the mail or running back into the house. Sometimes though, I have the dog in the car so I need it partially latched, and even a partial "click" is enough to arm the double honk. It can definitely be embarrassing at times - like when I'm parked right in front of the doors at Circle K and need the car running for the dog. That close to a building, the HONK HONK is REALLY loud!
I've had the door partially latch without the horn sounding. Maybe some are more sensitive than others.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I was able to do the partial latch the other morning while in/out of my Ex trying to dig it out of the snow before sunrise... Not sure if it secures it against pets pushing outward. But up here away from sounds of the city, I can usually hear my engine idle and honks are even more annoying.

Yeah, I was able to do the partial latch the other morning while in/out of my Ex trying to dig it out of the snow before sunrise... Not sure if it secures it against pets pushing outward. But up here away from sounds of the city, I can usually hear my engine idle and honks are even more annoying.
Door won't open if pushed from the inside when partially latched.

I don't have FORscan.
Examples of when the double honk wakes up my neighbors.
  1. I remote start my car then enter the car and power on the vehicle and turn up the vents. Whether I leave the fob inside or leave it on my I exit the vehicle to remove the snow and BAMMMMMM....double honk!!!
  2. I drive the car and stop at the corner store. I leave the car powered on lock the doors and slam the door shut so that the car stay running when I do a quick stop at the store and BAMMMMMM....double honk!!!!
Ideas? thanks

You need FORScan, or pull your horn fuse--of course that causes other issues. :D

An OBD-II reader/writer (ELM327) is cheap. Go for it.

I have the Lemur Bluedriver OBD2 reader would that work with FORScan?
thanks

Any one know if changes can be made via an android phone and not a computer? Both mine and my wifes laptops are work computers and we cant download onto them. Really wanting to get rid of the double honk...

I have the Lemur Bluedriver OBD2 reader would that work with FORScan?
thanks

Google FORScan forum and they have a great tutorial of what OBD readers work.

Any one know if changes can be made via an android phone and not a computer? Both mine and my wifes laptops are work computers and we cant download onto them. Really wanting to get rid of the double honk...

See post above...the FORScan forum has the info about using Android devices.

You should be able to pick up a used Windows laptop for just a few bucks to use for things such as this.

You'll need an OBD reader (I recommend OBDLink MX) and free software Forscan.

Is it free? Or do you have to request the version to make changes. Looking in to doing some changes to my 18 Limited.

Is it free? Or do you have to request the version to make changes. Looking in to doing some changes to my 18 Limited.

If you go to the FORScan forum they have a lot of info on what is required...basically you need a Windows platform and the extended license to FORScan to make changes.

Download the forscan software and install on a windows laptop/pc
VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For all Windows Forscan ELMconfig Focccus HS-CAN / MS-CAN compatible with Ford and Mazda $17.99
That plugs into your OBD port. You connect that to a windows laptop/PC that has forscan installed on it and make changes using the laptop/pc through the forscan software.

Hey guys anyone know how to possible disable the double honk when you get out of the vehicle with the key fob in your pocket with the vehicle still running? Mine honks quick twice and I get out of the vehicle while its running with keyfob in my pocket often. Its annoying too when I pull up to businesses and get out.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, that would be annoying! My 2013 just says "No keyfob detected" on the dash, I guess I don't get that "feature". I get out of the car every day to get the mail on the way home.

Back