• Register Today It's free!

double pull into park?

Lonewolfncubs

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
2002 xlt, had the truck a month and since i got it, when I shift from drive to park, it stops between reverse and park and I have to pull it back down and up again to get the shift lever into park...is this normal?

that happens on my 03 xlt, i think it happens with my parents 03 xlt too.. you just have to go slow while bringing the shift lever from either drive/reverse to park and it won't stop on you... if you go to fast it seems like it gets stuck...

but just go slow with the gear shifter and it should go smoothly right into park with no problems... sometimes i notice too if you put your e-brake on it helps it too when shifting into park...

The shift interlock on steering column sticks on the 2002 and 2003 and cause your problems.

shift interlock has a pin less that 1/8" in size when press brake pull pin out of shifter lever (thingy) I replaced mine work good for week then back to same problem would have to rock backwards then to park. what a pain.

took mine out cut off 1/8" off of the pin. Now works perfect. and wont go in to gear without brake on. for some reason would not fully pull whole pin back all the way.:salute:

Back