Double Stroller at the back with the 3rd row seat up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Double Stroller at the back with the 3rd row seat up

rusho

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried to search for the topic and could not find any thread discussing my issue.

I am very close to buy an XLT as I have a good deal at hand. However, I am wondering if the double stroller I bought recently will fit in the back with the 3rd row seat up. Here is the stroller I bought:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319184

It does not fit in my 2011 Fusion's trunk so I cannot take it to any dealership to do a test myself. I know with the 3rd seat down it won't be a problem to carry it but I do need to carry 6 people for couple of months a year and I am trying to avoid purchasing a van :). If anyone of you could fit a double stroller like that in the back and still could have the 3rd row seats up please let me know. In case it is possible I still need to know if anything else (e.g. grocery) could be put in such a configuration. I am planning to buy the vehicle in the weekend so it would be great if anyone can help me.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What does it look like folded?

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried to search for the topic and could not find any thread discussing my issue.

I am very close to buy an XLT as I have a good deal at hand. However, I am wondering if the double stroller I bought recently will fit in the back with the 3rd row seat up. Here is the stroller I bought:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319184

It does not fit in my 2011 Fusion's trunk so I cannot take it to any dealership to do a test myself. I know with the 3rd seat down it won't be a problem to carry it but I do need to carry 6 people for couple of months a year and I am trying to avoid purchasing a van :). If anyone of you could fit a double stroller like that in the back and still could have the 3rd row seats up please let me know. In case it is possible I still need to know if anything else (e.g. grocery) could be put in such a configuration. I am planning to buy the vehicle in the weekend so it would be great if anyone can help me.

Thanks.

It should be able to fit. What you can do is fold one of the seats down instead of both in the 3rd row if you really have to fit it in. So far, my cousin's strollers have all fitted in the back with no problems (it was folded) while the 3rd row is up. I believe it was a double stroller. I hope this helps.

How about the "ultimate" in dealer/customer satisfaction - Have the dealer drive an XLT out to you so you see if it fits for yourself! :D

My dealer brought my two new vehicles out to make sure they both fit in the garage :)

Or just take an extended test drive to the house and try it yourself :)

I doubt you will get groceries in with that. We have a double stroller also and it takes up every bit of room back there. As much as I don't like them, I think the Chevy Traverse has more room (and is cheaper than the Acadia and Explorer). I also am not able to put a child seat behind my seat in the second row, I find it to be small and so do most other people that ride in the second row.

My dealer brought my two new vehicles out to make sure they both fit in the garage :)

Might have something to do with the fact that you bought $175,000 worth of metal from them?

Might have something to do with the fact that you bought $175,000 worth of metal from them?

it should :) :) :)

yep - 3 new ones in 13 months - a 2012 and 2 2013's !!!

Thanks guys. I managed to put the stroller on the backseat of my Fusion and visited a dealership today. The double stroller only fits if I fold the third row down and put it diagonally in the back. I am going to return the stroller and buy something lighter :).

... I am going to return the stroller and buy something lighter :).

This sounds like a good move--for what you are looking for, that stroller is pretty limiting.

We put two car seats in the third row, and a baby combo seat w/ base in the second row. That still leaves four seats open. We also have a city select stroller which is a little expensive, but hands down the best expandable and future proof stroller we've ever used and we highly recommend it. It doesn't collapse like a normal one, but we can fit it, two seats for it, a baby car seat adapter and a standing rolling board that attaches to it for the 4 year old, all behind the third row and still have room for a couple diaper bags, activity bags, etc... Next to it.

Not sure exactly, but it should. If you have a good salesperson or loyal dealer shy should be able to run an explorer out to you to see if it fits for you. Depending on how far you are from your dealer. Hope this helps.

Good to know. I have the same stroller but have not put it in EX yet. But I don't really use the third row so I'm still good.

Back