doubler and transfer case regearing ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

doubler and transfer case regearing ???

rguy

Reaction score
City, State
Republic of Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 4x4
anyone using a doubler? I'd like to see some pics if so.

Does anyone sell lower transfer case gears?

I'm trying to improve my crawling ability.

Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one sells lower gears but Atlas makes a good transfer case for the explorers and rangers but its around $2200.

If you have 5.13 and 33s and in 4lo i dont think that you could want anything lower.

There's a couple doublers available. Do a search for Stubler, I think it's the best.

Or build your own. You can search that or alk to cheepthrills

No one sells lower gears but Atlas makes a good transfer case for the explorers and rangers but its around $2200.

If you have 5.13 and 33s and in 4lo i dont think that you could want anything lower.

you're right. 5.13s, 33s, and 4lo is great, but I want to go to bigger tires.

I have a 94 Sport with a C-5 and a T&M Doubler. I used stock shifters from an 84 BII to shift the Doubler and C-5. I kept the 1354E and dash push button shift. I have a 2" Skyjacker lift. 31 10.50 BFG KO AT's. 3.73 gears. No Spin lunch box locker in the rear limited slip case. With the doubler and T-case I have two low range ratio's. 2.48 and 6.15.

I recently drove it to Utah and did Hotel Rock, Elephant Hill, and Lockhart Basin. It is awsome.

97XEB had a T&M doubler for sale awhile back if you want one contact him to see if he still has it.

Back