DPFE where does the hose go?

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0
When i took the egr tube off the exhaust manifold one of the two hoses came off from behind the engine. The DPFE is the metal type with only one hose going to it which is still connected. Where does the other hose go??
I can't see much since its such a tight fit!!
2001 v8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on the exhaust manifold.

2 little pipes coming up.

I checked the exhaust manifold and it does not have two little pipes coming off of it, just the egr tube. I'm pretty sure it came off from behind the engine. This is for a 01 5.0.

If i could get my fat head back there i could see whats up...

its on the egr tube going to the egr valve, if you can follow that back to where it hits the manifold, you will come across the dpfe connectors.

It looks like i only have one connection on the dpfe...could this be right??

is it a 95 or earlier or 96 and up?

95 down will be single tube, 96 up will have 2.

2001 5.0...ok, i just got done kneeling on top of the &*^% engine looking and feeling around. There is only one place to connect a hose to from the dpfe to the egr. I was very careful when i took the egr off knowing i could pull off the hoses from the dpfe and the one hose had no resistance and came right out! I think someone put the wrong dpfe on there and just stuck the hose back there connected to nothing!! Is the dpfe the ONLY place this egr hose could go??? :frustrate %^&*

The egr tube is correct, just like the pic. The dpfe is in question. Why is there only one connection?

The egr tube is correct, just like the pic. The dpfe is in question. Why is there only one connection?

should be 2. wrong sensor?

it should be plastic black or silver metallic if original. with 2 ports coming out if it.

can you post a picture?

On a v6 OHV which hose goes where?

You probably found out by now the OE does indeed have 2 tubes they are just placed differently and a real **** to see
here is a picture of the OE compared to the plastic replacement.
OE STYLE
oestyledpfesensor1998explorer.jpg

REPLACEMENT
replacementdpfe.jpg

Back