• Register Today It's free!

Draft....please Read!!!!!!

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
I really hope you haven't gotten rid of your lowering kit off of your '98 Sport.

I would really like to buy it, b/c I've been looking for a good one for some time. You said that the rear shocks might not be in working order, or at least really worn out. How much to replace them, or where did you get them????

I am very interested, depending on price. How much do you think for cost plus shipping to St. Louis???????????????????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Word on the street is that there is this really cool feature on this site called private messages! :p :confused:

Shhhh. We don't want everyone knowing about our secret messages. :D LOL

bmxking5 said:
Word on the street is that there is this really cool feature on this site called private messages! :p :confused:

Ya had to go and ruin the secret. Next thing you know you'll be tellin people about the search feature.... oops, I've already said too much. :D

Yeah, its real cool to go around.....

.....and diss people on here, but that is all you seem to do. I have 3 different posts about problems, and I don't see any of you trying to actually help anyone.

Ever think that I did send him a message??? I just thought that this might catch his attention quicker.

Freakin idiots, why don't you go join a Civic forum. I'm sure they would love to have you.

And as a matter of fact, I also posted this request ont the For Sale thread he has up, but since he mentioned that all the parts he didn't sell were going to be dumped, I figured I'd try to contact him as quickly as possible.

And what a coincidence. You know how I found his for sale post. USING THE SEARCH OPTION!!!!!!! Eat it A-hole.

Yeah...you were complaining in the last one I saw you post (someone elses thread).

You keep bumping that post up and it gets ignored. People think its getting answered. You bumped your own post twice yesterday and 3 times today. That is against forum rules. Calling people names will get you banned as well. Thats two in one day. How many will the mods put up with?

FHBasketball said:
I figured I'd try to contact him as quickly as possible..

actually a private message is better (and therefore probably faster) than a new thread as a private message sends the targetted user an email notification.

FHBasketball said:
And as a matter of fact, I also posted this request ont the For Sale thread he has up, but since he mentioned that all the parts he didn't sell were going to be dumped, I figured I'd try to contact him as quickly as possible.

And what a coincidence. You know how I found his for sale post. USING THE SEARCH OPTION!!!!!!! Eat it A-hole.

wooo woooo settle down... You need to lighten up a bit, dont take people too seriously.

the funny part is, its a non elite that is talking all the smack in this thread......

PMs show up as soon as you hop on EF if cookies are enabled, so the idea of i thought he would see it sooner is debunked...

i have email notification enabled for my pm messages, sometimes i actually come back online just to see them... FYI

Being Non elite... :( :( :( :( .its not that bad...

Just can't post pictures..or read some threads..or....WAAAAAAAA!!! I wanna be Elite. :( :( :( :(

trucku said:
Just can't post pictures..or read some threads..

or try and help out the sites ever rising costs that rick and otehrs have to make up for out of their own pockets

Sorry, really stressed about work, college, and the pain in the ass trns. problem I ahve that might put my X out of commision if I don't get it fixed. Sorry I snapped, but the "Elite" (don't really know why they are called that. All they do is pay to post pics from what I can see) come on to a thread that has nothing to do with them, and start ripping into me saying I should PM or figure out how to search, like I don't know how. They need to get their facts straight befor they go around talking smack too.

Sorry that I snapped. Hopefully won't happen again.

But still, would like the lowering kit if he has it. If anyone talks to him regularly, let him know that I am interested please. Thank you.

He did the TT and flipped the torsion bars up front, and has lowering blocks in the back. Someone had a write up on how to do the torsion flip, but when I found it a few weeks ago the link was dead.

TT stands for something twist right?? I have heard that I should do that, but wouldn't know where to begin on how to do it. If I knew the correct term, I would search on how to do it. But if you can let me know, that would be great too.

I went to autozone a couple of days ago. They had a kit that was for a three inch drop/lift. Seemed kind of fishy to me that you could do either with the same kit, but then again I don't know the first thing about suspension. That is why I want to do mine, so I can learn about it.

But the drop at autozone was for leaf springs only, which I have on the back. I asked about a kit for the coil overs on the front, and the lady (don't know if you can consider her a lady, she had a mustache?!?!?!) said that they sell these things that are like exhaust mounting clamps (i think). She said you clamp them around parts of the springs in the fron to compress them. But this aproach didn't seem very safe to me. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

But any info on the twist thing would be great, maybe the name of it???? LOL. Like I said, suspension + me = nothing good for an outcome yet. Anything electronic, now that is another story.

Thanks in advance.

Search for torsion twist. Someone did a detailed write up with pics but I dont remember who. As for lowering the rear, you'll need lowering blocks to whatever height you want to lower it. They don't make a lowering kit up front for ours.

FHBasketball said:
I went to autozone a couple of days ago. They had a kit that was for a three inch drop/lift. Seemed kind of fishy to me that you could do either with the same kit, but then again I don't know the first thing about suspension. That is why I want to do mine, so I can learn about it.

But the drop at autozone was for leaf springs only, which I have on the back. I asked about a kit for the coil overs on the front, and the lady (don't know if you can consider her a lady, she had a mustache?!?!?!) said that they sell these things that are like exhaust mounting clamps (i think). She said you clamp them around parts of the springs in the fron to compress them. But this aproach didn't seem very safe to me. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

But any info on the twist thing would be great, maybe the name of it???? LOL. Like I said, suspension + me = nothing good for an outcome yet. Anything electronic, now that is another story.

Thanks in advance.

Even though you took my joke seriously and called me names, I will still help you out.

A) The lift/lowering blocks will work to lower your rear suspension and should work just fine.

B) You don't have coil springs or coil-overs in the front. You have torsion bars. I beleive there is a thread on this site titled "Torsion Bars 101" or something like that. If you search for torsion twist or torsion bars, you should be able to find the thread. It also should be located in the Useful Threads forum.

Hopefully that helps you out some. Good luck.

Your posts are probably being ignored because there's oodles and oodles of threads on lowering.

Also, I believe draft doesn't come on these boards anymore. Try fordexplorer .net or ********* .com. He hangs around those two I believe.

yes he does, hes actually quite active. Hes got a few running threads going on around here somewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

Well etc is right, I really don't frequent here anymore, for reasons to be left alone.

All parts have been trashed since we just got our new garage installed. The old lowering shocks were made by DJM Suspension, but I didn't like them. I have Bilsteins now that feel alot better for the lowered application.

The writeup of the TT adjuster flip was done by me... the website I had it hosted on went down (stopped paying for it as I don't use it), but another Explorer source has it on their site... here's the link: http://web.**********.*com/guides/taflip.php (remove the asteriks).

Back