DRAIN TUBES...sos | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DRAIN TUBES...sos

revjimmc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 eb explorer
hi, I have searched, but did not find the answer or the pics. I have a clogged drain tube from my sunroof. Where do these lead down the Pillar? Do I pull it out and unclog? Am confused. I have an 02 explorer, eddie B., v6. Thanks...I have everything a part and can't go anywhere until I get it unplugged. Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2002...that is not the diagram...My rear tubes go down behind the rear tire somewhere. I actually found one disconnected behind the frame. Now I am screwed...have no idea where they come out behind the rear tires. no wonder my car is flooded. I GIVE THE HELL UP!!

Does not make sense for drain tubes to be that far back from the sunroof. I believe fordfool2 diagram is correct. The hose you think is the drain is probably the hose for the rear window washer that has a history of disconnecting. You also didn't say where you are flooded and what side the hose you saw is located. Not likely the whole vehicle is flooded. Chill out and be methodical in resolving the problem.

IMAG0333_zps8c7420a1.jpg

This is the REAR tube coming off my sunroof...see what you think.

Back