DREAM EXPLORER!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DREAM EXPLORER!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look at this one:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

nice suspenchen but 2 wd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I met Chris in person and saw his fenders. The front looks GREAT, it's the back that i'm concerned with. I want to keep a clean appearance since I'm moving to Redondo and this will be my primary mode of transportation as an Exec, I don't want it to look like a race truck just yet. I'm worried about the rear flares and the tabs. My X is a 2001, and I want it to look that way just a little while longer until I can replace my Mustang with a newwer car or truck.

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2423.jpg

This is Paul Bredehoft's early model. The rear fenders on the late model are the same except for the rear tail light opening.

A word of warning about the flared fenders though... The wider you are the more likey it is that you will scrape your fenders. That's why I went back to stock steel fenders.

Did he sink all the tabs and cover them with bondo? That is clean.

Rick, I hear you on the scraping part, but if I don't use flares, what sould I do with all the holes in my body from the stock molding. :(

Not sure which holes you mean Ron. I ionly had the holes along the rocker panels. Do you have holes in your fenders as well?

You could always have them filled and painted. You would have the expense of painting the 'glass fenders anyway. I'm not sure how the plastic plugs would look if they were in the fenders. They look ok in my rockers since it kinda looks like black rivets.

The factory flares don't hold up to the trails well, as you stated rick they stick out and scrape crap like the fibeglass ones would.

Yes we have have lots of holes in our fenders....

I am in the process of welding mine shut and then some other body work then a repaint, but no matter what you do short of plugin them with plastic you have to repaint.

Here is how they stand to trees... (i'll get a better pic tomorrow to show all the friggin holes)

Attachments

• dscf0013.jpg
    dscf0013.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 269

Attachments

• dscf0014.jpg
    dscf0014.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 266

That's a good sized dent!

it actually looks worse there. it really isn't too bad. I ought to be able to push it out. If not a little bondo will take care of it.

here is all those friggin holes

Attachments

• dsc00939.jpg
    dsc00939.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 255

i like the fishtell posi!

Back