Dream to be fast | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dream to be fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
New supercharger

I am relatively new to the website. I am allways looking for possilbe upgrades to my X, so in digging around I found what may be the golden key. I am only in the investigation stage. I don't have alot of info yet, but it looks like they have developed a stealth supercharger for the 4.0 L Mustang, and are looking at a conversion kit to mount into an Explorer. What makes this supercharger so awsome is that unlike most others, it's boost starts just off idle and has a very linear curve all the way through the rev band. ( So you don't just get a hit at 4000 rpm to redline.) Also, you can adjust the psi boost externally. So if you have it set to 5 psi, ( Approx. 55 hp. gain and 70 ft torque) you don't even need an intercooler set up. It comes with it's own oil cooler that is mounted off the radiator, so you don't even have to tap into the oil system. The supercharger is about the size of an alternator and is serpentine belt driven. It's almost a plug and play supercharger. Now, I don't know that you will get 55 hp from 5 psi on a 4.0 L X. Nobody has tried this combination out yet. I am in talks with the developer about installing one in my truck and doing a photo layout and install description in return with results. :biggthump
Looks like we will be guinee pigs and have to break some uncharted territory. If anyone else has been down this road please send me some feedback. What did you like and not like? How much did you spend ? And anything you learned along the way could be very helpful. Thanks guys and I will keep you posted as this developes. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks! I think I would almost stroke out if mine were stolen!

I think I would shoot myself if my truck were stolen. God I don't even want to think of that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I would shoot myself if my truck were stolen. God I don't even want to think of that.
That is basically what I was saying. I have soooo much money in mine+countless hours of my time. It actually has a birthday.:bsnicker: LOL! I dont think I would make it to shooting myself I would just stroke out.-J

That is basically what I was saying. I have soooo much money in mine+countless hours of my time. It actually has a birthday.:bsnicker: LOL! I dont think I would make it to shooting myself I would just stroke out.-J

Does it get a birthday cake?

Yeah guys, it's been tough. The hardest time is the morning when I go to work and I go into the garage and there is a big empty space there.

So I'm selling off all the spare stuff I have now. It may be awhile before I can get another one. W2W is taking back the supercharger. They were very nice about it and all.

The wife feels terrible about the whole thing. The funny thing is that she never drives my truck. I think this was only the second time she ever drove it. The only reason she did was because she had to pick up a bunch of stuff for a BBQ party we were having and needed the extra room to haul all the stuff home while I used my POS truck to get a bunch of extra chairs and stuff from our friends houses. She is very sorry, but I don't blame her, it could have happened to anyone. When she told me the whole story she was in blubbering tears, I know she feels bad. The last thing she needs is me being angry at her. So I just stay in the garage and punch the heavy bag in the corner for an hour or so. Every time I think about it I get Pissed!!! Because of all the work I did on it for nothing!!!! And I had this vision in my head of hookin up the perfect hole shot and down the 1/4 mi. and turning sub 12's one day after my first run of 17.65. <----PITIFUL!!!!

So yeah Rocket and James, you guys have really nice trucks!!!! I had a small sticker on the driver window that said" There is nothing in here worth losing your life over." I allways thought that was really funny. So my advice is and don't tell the wife I said this, but " Don't leave your keys laying around , especially on the bumper in a busy parking lot." Just not a good idea.:nono: :fire:

That sucks bro, my condolences.

What are you thinking about replacing her with? Same truck?

No word on the X from the poohlice. They have a nation wide APB out on it now, but they are not actively searching at this point. It's on a list now with all the other stolen vehicles and if it's spotted, then it becomes active.

I don't even know that I want it back now though. I mean who knows what has been done with it now? Ragged on, overrevved, wrecked, involved in a crime, who knows? I think I just want a check from my insurance co. and I'll find a new one.

As what I'm gonna replace it with, I know it will be another X, just which one I'm not sure. I might bite the bullet and buy a 2005 Limited, anything under 30,000 miles. I figure they are selling for around $ 18,000-21,000. so far as I've seen. So I'll see how much I get from the ins. co. and go from there.

One other thing is that atleast I have some other cars to get around in. So all in all, this may not turn out all that bad, just gonna be awhile that's all.

One thought to add, whatever X I get next, the very first mod I'm gonna do is a remote detonation device. As soon as the truck is stolen, or out of my posession, one button and:splat: :dead: !!!!!

Ha ha thats awesome!

Just put a pre-paid cell as the triggor. When it gets stolen go buy a card for it and at some minutes, give it a call and BOOM!

I think that would to fast. It would need to be slower.

Yeah, I was thinking it would need to be a big device, but controlled. I wouldn't want to hurt any innocent people. So it would be a narrow, veritcal blast. That way I could step outside and see the black plume in the distance. LOL! Maybe even get to hear the "Poof ".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back