Dreamr's City Car Registry | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dreamr's City Car Registry

Albino 94LTD said:

Does that mean lose the purple paint tint :D

I was trying to match it to my truck but gave up. :confused:
And the rims were supposed to be brushed aluminum, but hmmm photo shop is annoying sometimes :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Stanger. There is nothing like a convertable. Winter in OH is hell on them so you don't see a lot of drop-top foxbodies here. The Purple is nice too. I like seeing something different every now and then.

chriswells78 said:
Nice Stanger. There is nothing like a convertable. Winter in OH is hell on them so you don't see a lot of drop-top foxbodies here. The Purple is nice too. I like seeing something different every now and then.

The 'vert aspect is kinda neat. I have never owned a convertible prior to this one so it is a fun novelty. The issue though is it make the unibody even more flexy. I need to get it up in the air and do some welding of subframes etc......

But fist to complete the suspension resto/upgrades.

a set of sub-frame connectors should do the trick on the flex.

I am not a fan of the sn95 Cobra wheels on fox bodies. I think some 93 cobra style wheels would look LOTS better. OR I would go with a set of staggered tuner wheels

I am not sure if I really like the cobra's on there either, but 'tis a tough decision. I am kind of leaning toward classic pony wheels or keeping the stock wheels. I actually kinda like them, and if I shave all the emblems and try to keep her quiet, I need some small way to identify it as a 5 liter ;)

So progress... what have I done?

Last weekend the fuel pump started to literally howl, so I put another in. I figured if I had to drop the tank, I might as well start upgrading the fuel system to handle future plans.
In short I played in the gas and upgraded to a Holley 190 lph fuel pump.

I have a huge dislike of leaks and I have two small remaining ones. The P/s pump and the oil pan. The oil leak is minute, but the PS is a different story. To replace the pump would be too simple..... I figure if I have to tear into it I may as well do a bit more work. Now I am elbow deep, and broke a bolt off in the head :confused:

What is it I am doing to my poor little pony you ask.......
I finally got around to removing the A/c pump, so I am also installing ;
AGR power steering pump
FMS A/c Delete Kit
APS Underdrive pulleys (sport kit to help out that charging issue I may later encounter)
And of course finding all sort of new areas to clean and bracketry to replace :confused:
Suppose while everything is out of there I may as well flush the radiator.....

these are the wheels I was talking about. THey are 17s.
11879453d1.jpg

Not bad......maybe a bit to honda though :p j/k I saw those on Mustangs Unlimited web site.
I am wanting to keep a 15" wheel size or at the most bump to the 16's. I hate bling with a passion, and a huge wheel on a car is nasty..... Trucks can hide it as it can also accomodate a bigger tire to keep the sidewall to wheel ratio in Bryce's optimal range, :D

I dont think OEM wheels can be bling:) I just think these are the best fox body wheels.

Attachments

• 90_12.jpg
    90_12.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 390

that is a really really nice car..love it!

personaly i think some '04 mach1 wheels would look really nice on there.

96limitedX said:
that is a really really nice car..love it!

personaly i think some '04 mach1 wheels would look really nice on there.
only problem is that his car is 4 lug. That 93 Cobra is on eBay with an opening bid of $15000.

so are you going with a Cobra brake conversion or just replacing the rotors?

I just replaced everything with cheap 4 lug stuff to get me by for 6-a year.

When I do upgrade to 5 lug I will likely just go with a higher quality 5 lug rotor and twin piston calipers up front. I don't want the cobra upgrade as I would prefer to run a 15-16 inch wheel. The rear end will likely get swiped out of somebody's explorer at some point. That way I can upgrade to a 3.73 l/s, 31 spline shafts, and the disc rear with 5-lug And still not be required to run a large rim. There are several good 5 lug rear disc conversion kits, but I happen to have access to a 5 liter 98X for parts at a reasonable cost.

It's just not too high on my priority list yet. First comes suspension, then intake (all of it) and full exhaust, then a fresh long block (306 or 331 stroker :confused: with AFR heads ). If my AOD is still kickin by then I'll add a higher stall and Lentech valve body. If it dies I go with a custom performance rebuild at Brad's Custom Auto here in Seattle.

After that is all done I will paint it/ finish the interior/ and start to make it prettier with all new trim pieces and etc.....
Goals are upper to mid 12's Naturally Aspirated and street driven w/ little to no weight reduction other then upgrades. On the track I'll likely drop a 75-100 shot to push me into the low 12's high 11's. Just so I don't have to put a cage in. And it still looks like a clean street car. :D

i toatly forgot the 4lug thing...shoots that outta the water then..lol

good luck with wheel choiced..one of the hardest things to pick.

Why bother with all the trouble of another motor and a shot of juice to get into the high 12's? My neighbor has a 91GT with a stock bottom end, GT-40 heads, Cobra itake, headers, stock x pipe, flowmasters etc. and was laying down low 13's before. 4 months ago he put a powerdyne 8lb system on, when he went to the track last he ripped off a 12.101 in cool weather. This was done on pump gas! The nice thing about it is that if he wants to take his car on a long trip, he just takes the belt off of the supercharger.

chriswells78 said:
Why bother with all the trouble of another motor and a shot of juice to get into the high 12's? My neighbor has a 91GT with a stock bottom end, GT-40 heads, Cobra itake, headers, stock x pipe, flowmasters etc. and was laying down low 13's before. 4 months ago he put a powerdyne 8lb system on, when he went to the track last he ripped off a 12.101 in cool weather. This was done on pump gas! The nice thing about it is that if he wants to take his car on a long trip, he just takes the belt off of the supercharger.

Fair question, but mainly I want the car to be all new. 170k is a lot of miles on a bottom end to throw a gob of power at. Call it peace of mind if you will.

I could hit the 12's quite easily following my plan, but I just as likely may not make it, or may hit 11's before the juice. It is all relative. I figure I'll just keep a rough goal. If I surpass it right on, If I do not then I have more work to do.

Beside the goal was high to mid twelves Naturally Aspirated, and to push that into the low 12's high eleven's with a bit of go fast juice.

Any more updates on the stang?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

snocross1985 said:
Any more updates on the stang?

Not this paycheck :(

I had to replace an 02 sensor on the x, pass emissions, get new plates and tabs, and flush my tranny. Grand total came to around 380.00 so I had no $ left for the mustang.

I should recieve my tax return any day now though. When it arrives I have a set of Koni GTX struts, FRPP lower Control Arms(front with bushings and BJ,s), Replacement springs (stock height) and of course Poly spring isolaters all hanging out at the local Speed Shop (Brad's Custom Auto).

Back