Dre's next "victim" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dre's next "victim"

Got another Explorer just the other day... was suppose to be a 93 when I talked to the guy but later became a 91 when I went there to pick it up. I also got a truckload of extra parts...

This one starts as a 1991 Eddie Bauer, red/tan (after some cosmetic surgery - transplants). Tan interior (EB) with cloth seats.
Upgrades? Lift! (2" body lift), Mile Marker lock-outs and lots and lots of rust.

Dirty, filthy, rusty - well worth it though.

Needs? lots and lots of TLC.

Plans? more lift, lockers, front and rear bumpers, winch, new exhaust, wheels and tires and that woul pretty much do for now.

Progress report would come at the later date. Here's some pics of the "victim".

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to see your back in the game... now get that thing ready for the Anny run.

this thing is ready for the run... any run soon, that is. With the 2" BL and front lock outs I can run even though everything else is bone stock...
:D

well, first I would have to replace the windshield which is cracked... would not want to get pulled over for a broken windshield...
;)

looks like a good project vechicle to start with.

I got some old worn A/Ts that I need to get rid of if you want them. they got about 1/4 thier tread left.

A/T's huh? 31" or 33"?

project vehicle? well, let's just say that with this one I might not do anything to make it look better... just to make it perform better. Paint is going to suffer anyway... perhaps later?

well, then I'll have to buy rims and lift it some right away... what are you asking?

Let me tell you... I didn't have as many problems with all my Explorers combined as I have with this one. Rust eating away the body... water leaks inside, oil leaks everywhere, steering pump leaks, a lot of extra wiring and I have no clue what it's for, no dash lights, some funky suspension lift, idle problem, no cat, dual home made exhaust, I suspect brake fluid leak somewhere in the back... hope to get everything straight before I can safelly take it on the road. Hope to have it ready by Attica run in June. All I need is a safe and reliable truck. It's hard to expect a lot from a 15 year old truck though... I'll keep on working. Just wanted to vent some frustration as I have spent the entire day fixing all little bits... rust is my main issue but I hope to tackle it one of these days. My welder is out... need to buy some sheet metal and I can start going...

Back