Drink cup holder console for Gen 1 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drink cup holder console for Gen 1 Explorer

mpersell

Reaction score
City, State
Richardson, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
I've been looking for a project car for a while and had one right under my nose all the time....

I have a 92 XLT 4 door 2wd I'd like to make more reliable and useful.

One thing I've seen in some pictures here is a drink cup holder thats been added to the existing console.

Where are those available? I've looked at a couple of parts stores and haven't seen them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you mean the dual cupholder? Some explorers came with single, some with dual. If you want to replace single with dual, its a snap, just go to the junkyard and find a dual, or look on ebay and then just swap em out.

Thanks for the help. I'll dig around for one on the Grand Prairie trip when I try to find a door.

Do you mean the dual cupholder? Some explorers came with single, some with dual. If you want to replace single with dual, its a snap, just go to the junkyard and find a dual, or look on ebay and then just swap em out.

The cup holders are interchangeable. You do not need the entire consoles. The cup holder pops off & you can add any 1st gen cup holder to any 1st gen console.

You can even get fore and aft dual cup holders or left and right dual cup holders.

Mine is from a 98.

12913new_center_console.jpg

I need to find a fore-aft one cause every time I shift to 2nd or R in my side-by side the shift knob takes out anything higher than a soda can.

Back