Drive belt tensioner noise | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drive belt tensioner noise

I had the exact same problems I fixed it and put the tensioner stop in the middle

Buy this belt Trust me
Dayco #5060860 Polly rib

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the exact same problems I fixed it and put the tensioner stop in the middle

Buy this belt Trust me
Dayco #5060860 Polly rib

Do you have an OHV engine? The specifications say it’s 86” long. So I’m wondering if it will fit my engine too.

1999 ford explorer shoc same engine and engine bay same tensioner gates that belt has been on there for 3 yeArs
I must have went through like 8_10 belts before I got it rite
I would say good luck but you don't need it but good luck anyways

I also did a test on the tensioner s with a beem style torque wrench
them tensioners spring s have ten pounds of force in any position

I would take a pic of my tensioner with that belt but it's hailing out now sorry many later today

1999 ford explorer shoc same engine and engine bay same tensioner gates that belt has been on there for 3 yeArs
I must have went through like 8_10 belts before I got it rite
I would say good luck but you don't need it but good luck anyways

I’ll give it a try today. If it doesn’t slip on I’ll return it and get a slightly longer length. Thanks for the advice.

I’ll give it a try today. If it doesn’t slip on I’ll return it and get a slightly longer length. Thanks for the advice.
It will work no prob change it in the auto parts store parking lot

Ok because of my dedication to the forum and shoc owners I went and took a pic :)

20190113_053954.jpg

Ok because of my dedication to the forum and shoc owners I went and took a pic :)

View attachment 166428

Thanks. If the belt works for me I’ll post a separate thread with the part numbers for my belt, tensioner, compressor, power steering pump, and alternator. It’ll be a reference to help anyone who has this issue in the future.

How did ya make out ??

Shoot I'm a idiot I thought you had a shoc
I'm a victim of the dated posts I always forgetful to check the dates sorry :)

Back