Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
First member from Pickering, I believe.

Peter
Thanks.
I really like my ST but am experiencing engine vibration
First member from Pickering, I believe.

Peter
The vibration happens when parked with the rpm’s between 1100 and 1400, you can also feel this vibration when driving. If you look under the ST when rpm’s are as described the drivers side exhaust pipe is shaking like crazy!
Ford dealer doesn’t seem to know what to do and said a new one on the lot has the same vibration so I asked them to show me; they let me rev the engine but it was very smooth like mine was when I drove off the lot.
Called Ford Canada Customer Care and shortly after received a call from the dealer saying they have ordered engine mounts but they are on back order and did not expect them soon! I replied asking if that is what the problem is and the guy said they are not sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks.
I really like my ST but am experiencing engine vibration

The vibration happens when parked with the rpm’s between 1100 and 1400, you can also feel this vibration when driving. If you look under the ST when rpm’s are as described the drivers side exhaust pipe is shaking like crazy!
Ford dealer doesn’t seem to know what to do and said a new one on the lot has the same vibration so I asked them to show me; they let me rev the engine but it was very smooth like mine was when I drove off the lot.
Called Ford Canada Customer Care and shortly after received a call from the dealer saying they have ordered engine mounts but they are on back order and did not expect them soon! I replied asking if that is what the problem is and the guy said they are not sure.
There is a recall for some Explorers because of engine mounts. Ford recalls 2020-2021 Explorer, Lincoln Aviator and 2021 E-Series for separate issues

This is in the list of useful threads.
I would make sure your dealer is aware of it.

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and experiencing the same challenge. My ST tends to do this no matter the RPM or speed. I took it to Ford this week and of course they "cannot replicate" the vibration. Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of it without a lemon law/rebuy? I read the recall, and it wouldn't impact my vehicle as it doesn't fall into the production timeline. I even sent my tune logs to my tuner to see if it was engine RPM (shake) which they confirmed it wasn't. Coasting in neutral on fresh pavement yields the same result for me. I would venture to say it's either: out of balance tires (unlikely), engine mounting brackets or driveshaft imbalance. Please keep us posted on any progress you all make!

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and experiencing the same challenge. My ST tends to do this no matter the RPM or speed. I took it to Ford this week and of course they "cannot replicate" the vibration. Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of it without a lemon law/rebuy? I read the recall, and it wouldn't impact my vehicle as it doesn't fall into the production timeline. I even sent my tune logs to my tuner to see if it was engine RPM (shake) which they confirmed it wasn't. Coasting in neutral on fresh pavement yields the same result for me. I would venture to say it's either: out of balance tires (unlikely), engine mounting brackets or driveshaft imbalance. Please keep us posted on any progress you all make!
There is a recall for loose engine mounts. Ford recalls 2020-2021 Explorer, Lincoln Aviator and 2021 E-Series for separate issues

There is also one for Pirelli tires that can cause a vibration.
SSM-48623 - 2020 Explorer/Aviator - 21 Inch Perelli Tire - Vibration at Highway Speed.

I dropped my ST off at another dealer on Monday after speaking with Ford customer service and I am glad to say that they agree that there is an engine vibration that is not normal, I was told that they feel the vibration is always present but is most noticeable around 1100 to 1400 rpm. They also confirmed that the motor mounts are good, right now they suspect an internal engine issue that may have been present from when it was manufactured.
I will hopefully hear back from them by the end of this week and I will provide everyone with an update.

There is a recall for loose engine mounts. Ford recalls 2020-2021 Explorer, Lincoln Aviator and 2021 E-Series for separate issues

SSM-48623 - 2020 Explorer/Aviator - 21 Inch Perelli Tire - Vibration at Highway Speed.

Thanks - I saw these and had them check tires as well. Unfortunately, engine mount recall does not apply to my manufacture date!

I dropped my ST off at another dealer on Monday after speaking with Ford customer service and I am glad to say that they agree that there is an engine vibration that is not normal, I was told that they feel the vibration is always present but is most noticeable around 1100 to 1400 rpm. They also confirmed that the motor mounts are good, right now they suspect an internal engine issue that may have been present from when it was manufactured.
I will hopefully hear back from them by the end of this week and I will provide everyone with an update.
Thanks! Please do keep me posted - I was messing around in Park this morning when I was picking my daughter up from school and did notice it’s a vibration when around 1200 rpm, feels like the engine is vibrating.

Thanks! Please do keep me posted - I was messing around in Park this morning when I was picking my daughter up from school and did notice it’s a vibration when around 1200 rpm, feels like the engine is vibrating.
Ford replaced two engine mounts last week. Got the ST back Thursday and happy to say the vibration is gone.
Took a long time for the parts to be manufactured!
My build date was not included in the recall. Let’s see how long they last!

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Peter

Vibration most notable at light deceleration or acceleration around 25ish and can be felt at highway speeds under light throttle.
Confirmed by dealer. Confirmed to not be present on a fresh ST on lot by myself and service manager.
Fast fwd to In shop for 6 weeks. Chassis ear confirms vibration causing light rattle coming from center to rear of driveline. New drive shaft installed, no change.
Now, dealer beginning to say it's normal and all ST have this vibration. Dealer tells me district area service rep has an ST, and it's normal, his does it and they ALL vibrate. I'm calling bullsh!t.

Instigating a buyback now, but would prefer it fixed.
Anyone other ST vibrate out there? Ty.
Same here...I purchased 2 Explorer ST's and one of them does this but the other one does not, yet Ford insists it is normal and no repair action will be taken! Between a new $60k truck vibrating and being told it's normal even though the identical sencond one purcahsed at the same time doesn't do it, I'm done with Ford.

My 2020 with 32400 miles has always had a vibration you could hear but not feel upon deceleration. It has gotten worse recently and now is most noticeable at 32 mph. Feels like a driveshaft vibration. I am taking it to my dealer to see what they think asap.
Thanks for all the great information ya’ll have posted about this issue.

My 2020 with 32400 miles has always had a vibration you could hear but not feel upon deceleration. It has gotten worse recently and now is most noticeable at 32 mph. Feels like a driveshaft vibration. I am taking it to my dealer to see what they think asap.
Thanks for all the great information ya’ll have posted about this issue.
Well, the dealer said it was the tires. I know it’s not. You can sit in park and get the rpm’s around 1500 and feel it in the steering wheel. I wasn’t satisfied with the tech’s opinion and asked the service manager to drive it. He came back in about 5 minutes and said there is nothing wrong with it. I am tempted to install a set of aftermarket engine mounts and see if that cures the problem.

Well, the dealer said it was the tires. I know it’s not. You can sit in park and get the rpm’s around 1500 and feel it in the steering wheel. I wasn’t satisfied with the tech’s opinion and asked the service manager to drive it. He came back in about 5 minutes and said there is nothing wrong with it. I am tempted to install a set of aftermarket engine mounts and see if that cures the problem.

Did you ever take this issue further to correct it? Having the same problem with mine now.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone has had any resolution to this.

I have a 2022 ST and am experiencing the same harsh vibration in the 1150-1300 RPM range, whether on cold start in park, or in motion/downshifting. It almost feels like a trans configuration issue, but who knows if it's something mechanical. All I know is that it's driving me nuts.

Edit: As others have mentioned - you can feel/see the drivers' side exhaust vibrating on cold starts when the engine speed settles into the suspect ~1200 RPM range.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious if anyone has had any resolution to this.

I have a 2022 ST and am experiencing the same harsh vibration in the 1150-1300 RPM range, whether on cold start in park, or in motion/downshifting. It almost feels like a trans configuration issue, but who knows if it's something mechanical. All I know is that it's driving me nuts.
Have you taken it to the dealership to have it looked at?

Peter

Have you taken it to the dealership to have it looked at?

Peter
Thanks. No, not yet. Was aiming to go in armed with any potential solutions from others with similar issues.

Back