Driver door interior Unlock function not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver door interior Unlock function not working.

ThatExplorerDude

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995&1997 explorer xlt
On my 1997 ford explorer My drivers side interior door unlock feature does not work. I can use the interior lock to lock all the doors, but I cannot unlock it. the passenger side both functions work. the Keypad works to lock/unlock the doors, same with the factory keyfob, and the aftermarket keyfob. All the other functions on the drivers side work, just not the unlock feature.

I have searched the first 15 pages of the forum for anyone with this issue, and nothing... most people have a problem with the drivers door failing to unlock at all.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix.. or did you? not really important.. just freaking annoying.. would love to kill the auto lock when moving thing too haha.. but Im happy if I cannot.

On my 1997 ford explorer My drivers side interior door unlock feature does not work. I can use the interior lock to lock all the doors, but I cannot unlock it. the passenger side both functions work. the Keypad works to lock/unlock the doors, same with the factory keyfob, and the aftermarket keyfob. All the other functions on the drivers side work, just not the unlock feature.

I have searched the first 15 pages of the forum for anyone with this issue, and nothing... most people have a problem with the drivers door failing to unlock at all.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix.. or did you? not really important.. just freaking annoying.. would love to kill the auto lock when moving thing too haha.. but Im happy if I cannot.

Most likely a broken wire in the rubber boot between the body and the door. There are a number of threads here about this issue. There is a 10mm capture bolt that will separate the connector. Then you can peel the boot back off the connecctor to access the wires. Not a lot of room to work; best to unbolt door and remove it. Good luck.

Most likely a broken wire in the rubber boot between the body and the door. There are a number of threads here about this issue. There is a 10mm capture bolt that will separate the connector. Then you can peel the boot back off the connecctor to access the wires. Not a lot of room to work; best to unbolt door and remove it. Good luck.

So this is a fairly common issue then? Thats good to know. Im glad its a simple issue as well :) I'll see if that sorts the problem... I was checking fuses and such but It was to general and issue :)

Back