Driver seat groans when moving back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver seat groans when moving back

ssMichaelss

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
2017 Explorer Limited 28k miles. Recently, I noticed groaning sound from driver seat when moving back. Anyone had the issue before? Are there any lubes I can use for the seat rails?

Standard (common and inexpensive) NLGI #2 lithium grease should be fine for the rails, unless there are plastic components in contact with it then I'd use silicone grease.

Just an update:

I have narrowed down the whining/squeeze sound only occurs when I'm sitting on it. No issues if seat is empty. I took it to dealer last Wednesday and they told me yesterday that they couldn't duplicate the issue. :( I went there and demoed to the service advisor(The sound was not as loud as usual but he did heard something).But he said it's normal. I think the longer I sit the more obviously the sound is. Usually occurs every single time when I shut down the engine(Easy entry/exit is checked). The SA asked if I want to leave car there and he can have the Tech look at it again. I didn't want to leave car there for another 5 days. So I just drove away.

Does anyone know how does extended warranty rental work? I have the extended warranty and I believe it's the second day car rental. The SA just told me Ford doesn't provide rental. The extended warranty rental only kick in when they have identified the issue and the issue is covered by the extended warranty. They don't provide the rental during the diagnosis phase.

Back