Driver seat motor problem or typical? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver seat motor problem or typical?

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
The power driver seat in my 2000 Sport doesn't move very far at all. When moving forward and backward you can hear what sounds like the motor getting caught on something maybe. I sprayed WD-40 on the tracks and it didn't help out one bit. I want to fix this if possible because I like to take my seats out when I clean the interior to vaccum under the seat and it won't move far enough either way to remove the bolts.

Wd-40 is the wrong thing to use on the seat tracks, it will make it worse.....

You need to use lythium grease or even wheel bearing grease on the seat tracks......the best way to do this is to remove the 4 bolts and the wires from the seat and actually remove it from the truck, once a year or so for me because I am ****......

Also a perfect time to clean/condition the entire seat and vacuum underneath.......

410Fortune gave some great info. Grease is good. Also, not sure on your seat track but on some Fords the slider for the seat belt buckle will bind and cause your problem. I found some lunch money and fries when I took out my seats :)

Back